I won't be around for a little while

Cold_Gambler

Hey all,

as you know I haven't been very active of late.

I went on an extended vacation to visit my mother in France this summer . The day after returning to Canada (on Tuesday August 18th) my mother admitted herself to a hospital in Bordeaux after suffering a transient "micro-stroke" which left her with left-sided hand and facial paralysis for 15 minutes. After several days of tests she was released for the weekend with further testing scheduled for Monday.

In the night of Saturday-Sunday she suffered a massive stroke while sleeping and died.

I flew back to France for her funeral and help my sister take care of matters there, but there still remains a lot to be taken care of.

The long and short of the matter is that I have to catch up on a lot of work and have to keep an eye on properties 6000km away as best I can and consequently won't have much time to spend with my DDz mates.

Once I have a chance to catch up, I'll have some interesting (I think) items to share (curious from WW1, pictures of my grandfather who was incarcerated in an Oflag during WW2, that sort of thing)...

Sorry to hear this CG, and I know I've missed you flying with us for quite some time now. Not the bit were you shoot me down often, just part were you're on TS with us.

Hope everything gets better so you can come back to us, since we desperately need you as our counter-weight to JP.

:sad5: