Hello All

DoubleTap

Afternoon Gents,

Kept getting the urge, but did not think I had the time or patience to try it. But, I finally got the intestinal fortitude to attempt a re-install 1946 from scratch, and then the Ultrapack, and to my freakin' amazement, it actually worked first time.

:unsure:

How did that happen?!

Anyway, started playing around with the new MDS and I suddenly feel like Gollum finding the ring. Bit of a obsessive-compulsive am I.

I am still pressed for time to actually fly, but I am hoping to find some on an odd late week or Saturday.

I love what you guys have done to honor BG. I assume Roger has a lot to do with it. I hope everyone else is well.

Glenn aka "Doubletap"

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hey Glenn, good to see you around!

I can't claim any for the honouring, Snacko did the banner and I just put in place what was requested ;)

MDS.. I thought of you when I first stumbled across it, we have a dedicated MDS server too that you are more than welcome to play with.

Could do with some of your input!

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hi Glenn,

Great to see you active again. Charlotte growing up so giving you a little bit of free time ?......

I am in the middle of putting an event together for the Dogz, along the lines of what you did for Pedestal but with the MDS software. FoolTrotle has been doing some programming and is putting together a tool to help track the losses.

If you can spare the time it would be great to have your input.

Janet says hello by the way..

Regards

Colin

Afternoon Gents,

Kept getting the urge, but did not think I had the time or patience to try it. But, I finally got the intestinal fortitude to attempt a re-install 1946 from scratch, and then the Ultrapack, and to my freakin' amazement, it actually worked first time.

:unsure:

How did that happen?!

Anyway, started playing around with the new MDS and I suddenly feel like Gollum finding the ring. Bit of a obsessive-compulsive am I.

I am still pressed for time to actually fly, but I am hoping to find some on an odd late week or Saturday.

I love what you guys have done to honor BG. I assume Roger has a lot to do with it. I hope everyone else is well.

Glenn aka "Doubletap"

Hi Glenn! Good to see you around, buddy!

Thanks, folks. Nice to be back. With my daughter now in pre-school part time at least, I have a leetle more free time.

Kudos to Snacko, then. Well done, M8. Looks great. I understand you have been up to some mission building also?

Roger/Friar,

"we have a dedicated MDS server too that you are more than welcome to play with."

"FoolTrotle has been doing some programming and is putting together a tool to help track the losses."

Oh? (wipes drool from face)

"If you can spare the time it would be great to have your input."

I just started playing about with MDS in earnest for about a week, but any help I can be, please let me know. I may not be able to still fly a whole lot at the moment, but you know I like working on stuff like this. I would love to help.

DT

• 1. DDz Quorum

Well.. to have some of your input into MDS in general, and more specifically missions with objectives that can be used for flying nights and/or ad-hoc co-op type missions for 1 or more humans would be great.

My time is also somewhat limited, I can do the system admin side of MDS but mission building is beyond me.

I have to fix the gunstats bit, for some reason it doesn't track those correctly at the moment.

Thanks Glenn. Well, I just had to fix my missions from UP2 to work with UP3. They made changes that fracked them all out of whack. But once I spent the time to id the primary issues they all came together...

Look forward to fly'in with ya.. :thumbsu:

Well.. to have some of your input into MDS in general, and more specifically missions with objectives that can be used for flying nights and/or ad-hoc co-op type missions for 1 or more humans would be great.

No problem. Couple of questions pertaining to that then.

When you say flying nights, do you guys do things like the bomber themed nights they did via Ubi boards?

Second, any preference for mission lengths? The reason I ask is that I am currently converting the Guadalcanal campaign I had worked on previously from something meant to be flown 1 once a week, into a single 3 hour mission, which I view as manageable for a single mission if there is plenty of action, but pretty much the max length. I might also be able to make it into a single side coop event.

I should also be able to convert the old D-Day dogfight campaign into a MDS one with I think some interesting additions.

DT

When you say flying nights, do you guys do things like the bomber themed nights they did via Ubi boards?

Second, any preference for mission lengths? The reason I ask is that I am currently converting the Guadalcanal campaign I had worked on previously from something meant to be flown 1 once a week, into a single 3 hour mission, which I view as manageable for a single mission if there is plenty of action, but pretty much the max length. I might also be able to make it into a single side coop event.

I should also be able to convert the old D-Day dogfight campaign into a MDS one with I think some interesting additions.

DT

If your talking MDS mission, I'd say 3hrs isn't unfeasible, but the average attention span of the average DangerDog has not increased a whole lot since you've been around regularly, even with the new blood. (You see we've kept firmly to our high recruiting standards, mostly based on consumption of alcohol and questionable morals {especially where sheep are concerned})

DT

(You see we've kept firmly to our high recruiting standards, mostly based on consumption of alcohol and questionable morals {especially where sheep are concerned})

I wouldn't want it any other way, Badaim. I like having friends in low places. :sheepsmile:

Well, again, 3 hours would be the max duration for any particular mission. I am hoping the Guad one would be engaging enough to make it wiz by. Another option is to break it into 2-3 1 hour/90 minute chunks, which would allow altering the scenario a bit based on who one the last round.

Actually, while I am experimenting and designing, I really need to join you all in some MDS missions to see how they flow. I have NOT flown in any, so that would be instructive.

Which MDS missions out there have you guys particularly enjoyed?

DT

DT,

Welcome back. I am now also in the same boat as you. I now have a 2 year old who has taken much of my flying time away. I only get to fly in the DF ladder because I can schedule it down to the hour . No more 4-5 hour stints every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, & Sunday.

Welcome back DT :thumbsu:

any input you can come up with on mission building with the new tools and mods are needed.

Please post stuff and thoughts on it, for the DS forum

Will do. Jut started working with it, so I am reluctant to start spouting off about what I THINK I know about it before I know for certain. ;)

As great as I think MDS is, I think the manual is pretty unclear about some key things, unfortunately.

DT

DT,

Welcome back. I am now also in the same boat as you. I now have a 2 year old who has taken much of my flying time away.

Hah! Yes. I remember someone remarked when I pondered my situation in regards to flying after my daughter was born:

"Basically, you're screwed."

True, but it was worth it, right?

DT

Yeah, I think that mighta' been me DT.

It was you, you bastich!

Glad to see you are back.

You lie. You really hate me.

What's up with Psycho?

Oh, wait, it was Psycho everyone hated. He's good. Workin', livin' with his lovely wife, who makes an awesome Strawberry cheescake.

You still with CNN you commie-pinko?

No, wait...it WAS me you hated.

Yes. Full-time editor now.

DT