Up 3.0 Problems?

Gothkrieger

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not surprised, I know how you like your San's FOV changer.

Can't live without it. I've been doing quite a bit of modding to my UP 3.0 already and after making a tiny change to my FOV changer it started working again so I don't know exactly what fixed it. I'll tell you this though, many of the mods were as simple as copying them from the old MODS folder to the new #UP# folder though some do require a little more work. I've gotten about a dozen mods installed right now as well as several cockpit and map repaints. Its looking good now and I am a happy camper.

Well just for the record the issue with the FOV changer seems to be hit or miss. If I start the game and it is working it works fine as long as I don't exit the game. If I start the game and it's not working I have to relaunch the game and then if it works I think it stays working but never had this issue in 4.101 so something is definitively effecting it in UP 3.0. Could be the new executable.

I would like feedback from other San's FOV changer users. Have you experienced any issues since the changeover? Also can someone please confirm if the FOV changer is necessary anymore or is UP 3.0 capable of rendering the 3d in true 16:10 now?

• 2. Administrators

I found this

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,2591.0.html

for old reticles but the link is dead so Ill probably have to wait until they fix this :(

i've got them somewhere, will dig them out for you.

Edit just installed tonight, so far a little tweaking has been required to bring it up to fruitbat standard, lol,

ScreenHunter_01May312134.jpg

looking good now :goodjob:

installed and was crashing to desktop after about 10 secs even when I touch nothing - FIXED I had only activated UP3.0 in JSME and not in the executable selector box that pops up- click change settings and then ultrapack 3 in game type box

This is what happens to me.

I have not come across an executable selector box poping up. Where is that? or what do I have to do to get it to pop up?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Try and start IL2fb.exe while holding the left shit button down...

Could get messy!

Tonar, have you checked the integrity of your downloads with MD5Summer?

I know it is possible to install UP3 with a corrupt file, and for the message to be missed in the installer (happened to me a couple of times).

MD5 Summer lives here

The correct MD5 Sums:

6adca1acb3c4bf1d16cb23a4df836f2c *UP_3.0_DFServer.exe

d0f6035fd6e000e57a53567820dd5f50 *UP_3.0RC_Client.part01.exe

8034c8f63e02265de77afc6e02e45c21 *UP_3.0RC_Client.part02.rar

d77d7c7bc8dd29bd25e3d40a0b449aa2 *UP_3.0RC_Client.part03.rar

62cfac096e0e0c5f744b42224a374fbc *UP_3.0RC_Client.part04.rar

4977970dc7f470a6f8a65fe8923938f9 *UP_3.0RC_Client.part05.rar

ce49c25942938d5a37d77ff79034a0d8 *UP_3.0RC_Client.part06.rar

410b49b2806a4401f87c7353b82dca1c *UP_3.0RC_Client.part07.rar

2d54e23051ec7044cc46d02b9feb3598 *UP_3.0RC_Client.part08.rar

b8871b151637a6327bffa559907b6467 *UP_3.0RC_Client.part09.rar

5ccbb3e08069363420a9a8e4207a79ce *UP_3.0RC_Client.part10.rar

0b6388d79eb7bfb41e5bf90b818df7ee *UP_3.0RC_Client.part11.rar

b4a66b12f4a3eb5a92ccac5689d92c63 *UP_3.0RC_Client.part12.rar

39eb9ae5276382ad3cc5430d0ca75afb *UP_3.0RC_Client.part13.rar

be4ba83088cd99d8fb0c8b18ca9d9f77 *UP_3.0RC_Client.part14.rar

thanks guys,

Rog, After I wipe off my hands from FT's suggestion.

What is the easiest way to cross check the MDS sums I created(which were green lighted) from my download with the ones you posted? Besides staring at it :blink:

• 1. DDz Quorum

Attached is MD5 sum for good files.

Place this in same folder as your UP3 download.

Run MD5Summer.

Select your UP3 downloads folder as the 'root folder' by browsing to it.

Select 'Verify sums'

Next window wants to know where you put the attached file, browse to it and select then click 'Open'.

It will then verify your files, all should be green!

UP3.md5

bump

the reticle in spit IXs is very small - is this a bug or a feature - I tried using it like a predictor sight but it didnt increase in size

any ideas guys - this is really annoying

Hi

I was lookingthrough the bugs & soloutions thread and this is listed as a bug:

Bug #16

Very small reticle in Spitfire IXe's and MK IXc 25lbs (major)

Cheers

Dave

I am not surprised, I know how you like your San's FOV changer.

Can't live without it. I've been doing quite a bit of modding to my UP 3.0 already and after making a tiny change to my FOV changer it started working again so I don't know exactly what fixed it. I'll tell you this though, many of the mods were as simple as copying them from the old MODS folder to the new #UP# folder though some do require a little more work. I've gotten about a dozen mods installed right now as well as several cockpit and map repaints. Its looking good now and I am a happy camper.

Well just for the record the issue with the FOV changer seems to be hit or miss. If I start the game and it is working it works fine as long as I don't exit the game. If I start the game and it's not working I have to relaunch the game and then if it works I think it stays working but never had this issue in 4.101 so something is definitively effecting it in UP 3.0. Could be the new executable.

I would like feedback from other San's FOV changer users. Have you experienced any issues since the changeover? Also can someone please confirm if the FOV changer is necessary anymore or is UP 3.0 capable of rendering the 3d in true 16:10 now?

Hey Mayhem, I don't know but I would love not having to use San's FOV changer (is UP 3.0 capable of rendering the 3d in true 16:10 now?). On my system, both on single player and Multiplayer mode, sometimes I get it to work great and sometimes it doesn't. I have to end the game and restart it a couple of times (not always) to get it to work :(. It didn't work for me with the U_platinum Universal mod on.

MT

Everything looked good.

I eventually ran the updater as well and still the same issue. I guess I will delete this install and do it again.

I love new Mods :icon_cry:

Updater? You shouldn't have an updater in UP3. Are you installing over a clean 4.10.1 install? UP3 will not install over UP2 at all. It can be installed over HSFX 5.0 and/or SAS Modact 3.0, but it can't be installed over UP2.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Getting a bit worried about UP 30.

On my system, the 'bigger' maps (new ones, like Western Europe) with a newly created mission (Tempest IIFB, w00t!) when I host it as coop, after some 15 to 20 minutes, my screen becomes garbled when looking at the ground, looking at the skies initially clears it up, later it's all messed up and the game comes to a complete stand still, though the computer does not.

Also a lot of crashes (no error message, just game exit, a hispiderr...log is being created, while building this mission.

I have to try and figure out if I caused the problem by using certain objects (test runway 5?) or there's maybe too many objects? (Total lines in the missionfile is 1300, so it's not that big).

Anyways, I'm getting the impression they've now put more in than the original engine could handle... hence the introduction of that sub-menu when starting IL2?

• 2. Administrators

Well, I've not had the garbled screen problem, but I did have a game crash last night which is odd.

I supppose you could be right FT. It is certainly reasonable to assume that the game will have limits on how much it can be changed. Hopefully these problems can be fixed, but it's pretty damn good in any case.

Jabo

• 1. DDz Quorum

Think I have found what was causing the troubles I ran into.

Given (after some more testing:)

- Map Western Front Summer

- Not too big a mission, but lots of action still.

- Issue with garbled screen occures after using Shift-F2/Ctrl-F2, so switching views/camera's (when one's killed early in the mission, one tends to use those views quite a lot, also when one is testing a mission one just built.)

- Errors in Log.lst: GL error 0x0505 (which could mean -according to some googling- OUT OF MEMORY.)

- Errors in Log.lst: WARNING: Camera: unexpected 'ActivateWCM'

Using some google, I ended up on the ultrapack forums, where someone was getting these errors. And he fixed it by using 'a different conf.ini'.

Well, my conf.ini (as the complete UP30) is just a very recent copy of 4.10.1m which runs quite nicely.

Opened it up... and thought a bit.... calculated 1+1.... decided it could be three here -me jumping to conclusions- and attempted to set LandGeom=3 back to LandGeom=2 ... and voîla, no more graphics garbling up here...

Mission now runs fine, I can follow all views untill the C47's and the 190's have landed at their home base...

Then doublechecked it, by setting LandGeom=3 again, and for sure, some 15 minutes into the mission Mayhem joins in again... :icon_cyclops_ani:

So, here's a question for the ones that tested this Tempest IIFB based mission with me: What's your Landgeom= set at?

(it's in the [render_OpenGL ]section of conf.ini)

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hi Jim,

I believe its to do with the wide screen "fix". I have to click about 5mm below the home base icon for the flag to get "pinned". Once you know it , you know it.....