Duxford 2011 Dates Announced

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

I know! This is really going to affect our trip I feel this year.

I am looking around at other B&b's but they already seem to be un available.

Hay Zooly, are you sure you can only get 2 in that caravan?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would they be charging such an inordinate amount of money?

It's called profiteering. They know there's an event on, they want to cash in. Traditional British hotel trade. Whats the rush? The Red Lion is still there. Treat the Holiday Inn as a flop house of last resort. From my perspective, as the only wage earner in my house-hold; add on the price of entry to the show to the Holiday Inn's attempt at extortion and for the same money I could fly to Toronto and spend the weekend digging Trout ponds with BG.

Edit; Actually, the flophouse of last resort is the Red Lion carpark :rolleyes:

• 1. DDz Quorum

Wow... just wow .. he just put them prices up like that... :huh: clever business

Hm, you are lucky to have booked it at that price Friar, and I guess I am just as lucky, or even a bit more... :lol:

I guess I'll be bringing my car 'round again... one cán sleep fine in it... or maybe two can, if one's just short of 1m80...

Edit: Arthur, not really, the true last resort is that Park & Ride thing I stayed on ... 10GBP for three days!

• 1. DDz Quorum

The refurbishment of the Red Lion is starting in a few weeks and not expected to be finished till March. The guy I spoke to was not sure how many rooms they would have after the re-fit. I would expect their prices to go up as well, but surely not to those heights!

I am inclined to think that the Holiday Inn is taking the piss and that we should come up with another plan

Why would they be charging such an inordinate amount of money?

It's called profiteering. They know there's an event on, they want to cash in. Traditional British hotel trade. Whats the rush? The Red Lion is still there. Treat the Holiday Inn as a flop house of last resort. From my perspective, as the only wage earner in my house-hold; add on the price of entry to the show to the Holiday Inn's attempt at extortion and for the same money I could fly to Toronto and spend the weekend digging Trout ponds with BG.

Edit; Actually, the flophouse of last resort is the Red Lion carpark :rolleyes:

The quite maddening thing is, those are the regular prices and not the event ones. Quite strange really. I guess we have to keep waiting for the Red Lion to report in.

• 1. DDz Quorum

I know it's not helpful but I am giving two-fingers to the profiteering bastards - I will be going elsewhere. There is no way on this planet that I will support their hike in the prices - they can poke it!

Cheerzen

Sid Vicious

• 2. Administrators

what about phoning them back up friar, and trying to get a group booking/discount at the rate they originally gave you, in the name of the DD's. We're probally going to have at least 8 rooms. If they say no, tell them there loss, we shall go elsewhere as they're taking the piss, and that they can shove there hotel up there arse.

If we want, I might have an 'in', (no pun intended) if we wanted to venture as far out as Cambridge...nice hotel around 60 pound per night.

Aha, now this sounds more like it. Cambridge is not very far from Duxford and since we drove back to t'Red Lion from the show I don't see a problem.

A night out in Cambridge sounds quite a laugh. I'm sure we could find somewhere to auction off Jedi too.

• 1. DDz Quorum

They should'nt have charged our cards Crash, so I think we can cancel and not have lost any money.

I did ask if my card would be charged and they said no.

I will try and call them tomorrow and ask about a block booking at my rate and see what they say, but I suspect it will be no.

If they do say no, then, I think I will cancel my booking.

That is going to leave us with a problem though as I think as soon as FL dates come out places get booked.

Who fancies getting a large tent and camping,...

Just think of the atmosphere, sitting round a camp fire, singing songs, telling stories.drinking beers........

They should'nt have charged our cards Crash, so I think we can cancel and not have lost any money.

I did ask if my card would be charged and they said no.

I will try and call them tomorrow and ask about a block booking at my rate and see what they say, but I suspect it will be no.

If they do say no, then, I think I will cancel my booking.

That is going to leave us with a problem though as I think as soon as FL dates come out places get booked.

Just think of the atmosphere, sitting round a camp fire, singing songs, telling stories.drinking beers........

Just managed to cancel as it was on the same day I booked.

Hope we can sort something out as I was looking forward to this. I asked about a block booking but Laura said no chance. Oh well worth a go.

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Chaps,

WANKERS !!! :thumbsd:

From expieriance I would wait to see what JP can come up with in Cambridge as a first choice and then camping as a good second ??

Either would be fine as long as we all can get together in the evenings for Pimms and medals !

I agree with Jim that the Red Lion WILL also put their prices up because they can sell all rooms twice over without us !

Glad you managed to cancel Crash M8 !

We have to MOVE on this JP .

Colin, got your phone message will ring you this evening M8.

~S~ Painless.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Holiday Inn Cambridge

LAKE VIEW, BRIDGE ROAD,CAMBRIDGE ENGLAND CB4 9PH

£99.00

Down side is it is 15 Miles/20 mins from Duxford.

4 miles from me ;)

If we are still here in our current place we have room for caravans/tents etc.. And a pub next door, but not up to Red Lion standards.

Holiday Inn Express. Includes breakie

looks on map to be relatively close.

this rate is not open to the public...so to speak. If all are serious - I can go about helping book the rooms.

2. CAMBRIDGE

15-17 COLDHAM BUSINESS PARK

NORMAN WAY

CAMBRIDGE, CB1 3LH

ENGLAND

Distance from city center: 1.44 MI / 2.32 KM Add Hotel To Favorites

£58.88 - £66.73 GBP

VAT Excluded for Some Rates

Average Nightly Rate Range

Average Nightly Rate

To calculate the Average Nightly Rate, add the rates for each night of your stay and divide the total by the number of nights in your stay. The individual nightly rates can be found on the rate information and confirmation pages.

Please note: Extending or reducing the number of nights in your stay will affect the Average Nightly Rate. You will be responsible for the rate that is determined by the actual number of nights in your stay.

Close Window

Average Nightly Rate Range

From Original Hotel: 1.44 MI / 2.32 KM

Hotel Reservations: 1 877 660 8550

Why certainly! I'm up for anything.

*edit* Just noticed JP's post lol. Up for that as well. Anything. O0