Crash

FT

Jabo (+ 1 poss)

JP ?

Kimo ?

Jedi ?

Autumn Air Show

Sunday 16 October 2011

Further information regarding themes and content for each air show will be released in due course.

For further information on all events and activities at Imperial War Museum Duxford visit our website regularly and sign up to eNews.

Edited by Jabo
List

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1. DDz Quorum

Heads Up Guys !!

I have spoken to the Red Lion tonight and they are about to start refurbishment and will not know about rooms till march....

I have just booked a twin at the Holiday Inn Express. (It opened last monday!)

Any one want to share?...

The phone number is 01223 497 070 ( i spoke to a very nice girl called Laura (she sounded like she was getting training as well!))

Room rates are;

No singles;

Twin and Double £85 per night.

They take card details but don't charge it until you stay

Come on guys....get in there......

Some one start the clock.....

• 1. DDz Quorum

Oooh, arn't I the popular one, FT and Fruitbat.

As FT did post first, if he still wants, I would happily share. What more could a roomy ask for, new hotel, good company,.....and laptop always available.........

I forgot to mention, I have booked Friday and Saturday nights, does that suit you FT?

Cheers

Friar

• 2. Administrators

I'm planning on invading your island next year, never been to England before, so I'm already rehearsing driving on the left side over here.

Argg the vikings are coming again, lock up your women and children :roflmao:

i like your practice efforts for driving, lol.

I'm going to check with my buddy if he wants to split a room, but booking a twin some time this week. There are very cheaps flights from copenhagen to stansted, so I should be able to go.

Anyone know if the holiday inn express has a cancellation fee, If it comes up earlier in the year I can't go?

• 1. DDz Quorum

(...)

Anyone know if the holiday inn express has a cancellation fee, If it comes up earlier in the year I can't go?

Via the Interweb, I can retrieve this:

"Cancellation policy

Your reservation for the Holiday Inn Express Cambridge Duxford M11 J10 in Whittlesford is an advance purchase rate and a credit card is required to charge full pre-payment at the time of booking. This is non refundable and non transferable."

:startle:

"Advance Purchase

Full pre-payment will be taken for this room at the time of booking. This cannot be refunded or transferred in the event of cancellation."

And, indeed, it shows prices of 140GBP a night... :unsure:

Link: Holiday Inn Express Cambridge Duxford M11 J10

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Uncle Colin ,

£85 vs £145 per night ?? WTF :startle:

OK in that case I WANT to share a room with you Friar .....bollocks to the others !!! LMAO :roflmao: I am willing to role play, wear mildly uncomfortable garments and be dominant or submissive !!! BEAT THAT DDZ !!

Seriously, I have requested the leave from work and will be booking a twin just as soon as we have this price thing cleared up and my leave confirmed.

Looks like it is going to be a total of £145 pounds each for a twin over two nights right ?

Who wants to share BTW ? ( no snorers !!! ) LOL

~S~ Painless

• 2. Administrators

~S~ Uncle Colin ,

£85 vs £145 per night ?? WTF :startle:

OK in that case I WANT to share a room with you Friar .....bollocks to the others !!! LMAO :roflmao: I am willing to role play, wear mildly uncomfortable garments and be dominant or submissive !!! BEAT THAT DDZ !!

Seriously, I have requested the leave from work and will be booking a twin just as soon as we have this price thing cleared up and my leave confirmed.

Looks like it is going to be a total of £145 pounds each for a twin over two nights right ?

Who wants to share BTW ? ( no snorers !!! ) LOL

~S~ Painless

Well, it wasn't sooooo bad last time, lol, i'll share with you if you want.

• 1. DDz Quorum

geez Crash.....I need to make a phone call tonight to confirm. If I get it for the rate they said I'll let you know.

Well...............

I have just come off the phone to the hotel.

Not long after I made my booking on Saturday, apparently, following some comments from some other guests who were checking out from having stayed for another show, about them wanting to book for Flying Legends the owners decided to put up the prices.

The room rates ARE £145 per night ............

We need to make a quick decision on this guys.....

Do we try and find another hotel / B&B, if we do we need to move quick and block book rooms.

(oh, and not wanting to upset anyone but I got my room BEFORE the rates went up!, so my original post WAS correct at time of going to press....Sorry.)