Hi everyone

Shadrach

Hello god People.

BG was kind enough to invite me to join The Danger Dogz which I consider an honour.

Just sniffing around - not cocked a leg yet. I've downloaded TS3 but when I try to connect I get:

<20:23:49>Failed to resolve hostname '216.6.226.108:8972':Host not found.

Probably something simple and obvious but any pointers welcome.

Not sure how often I can fly as computer time in our house is hotly contested. I have claimed Saturday nights and defend them ruthlessly and bloodily but other times might be a bit tricky depending on homework, social networking and internet shopping. Will have to build another system and install it in the bedroom (more black looks from the old trouble).

I much enjoy the Saturday Coops. Basically I'm still the little kid I was way back when when we used to fantasize we were Spitefire pilots tearing around the playground yeowling and rat tating at each other except now, with computers, software and electronic gadgets and gizmos, I can fantasize beyond the wildest dreams I had back then, so I'll be buggered if I let over 5 decades of creeping senility and cynicism get in the way.

Hope to fly with you soon.

Alright, enough with the platitudes! We want dirt! Where are you from? What do you do? Do you fly online very often or not? Can you fly with one hand, and drink with the other simultaneously? Dog or cat? BMW or Chev? Etc. etc.

Welcome to the pound, Shadrach! When will Meshach and Abednego be along?

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

I've got the TS3 sorted, as I suspected it was me being dense. Will try and look in on Thursday for a quick spin but I start work 6am GMT this week and crawl out of bed before 5 so it wont be for long.

I've been fairly well hooked on IL2 for a while - starting with the original Sturmovic disc - but I still fall spectacuarly short of an ace. I used to fly as Farmer Giles untile I changed email address and found I couldn't use it any more.

I enjoy the hardware side as well as the game, building my own computers etc. I've even knocked up a fairly successful joystick and pedal set which is a work in progress.

I've just turned 58 but as I havn't noticed too many spring chickens hopping around here I don't feel so bad. Judging from my own kids I suppose the learning curve and commitment needed for the game dosn't appeal to so many of the spotty ones. Plus it's ancient history. I've become immune to the sneers of my loved ones, "Oh look - the sad old git is on the computer playing with his aeroplanes again hoo hoo. And he's got his baseball cap with the deely boppers on hoo hoo hoo".

I come from Devon, SW England, right on the edge of Dartmoor so I know all about sheep.

Watch out when I join you, I'm pure killer grrr.

Good man Shadrach, I'm 31 and I gotta tell ya it was a nice surprise to see so many "adults" in this squad. I believe I'm one of the youngins here. Nice to see another builder here too, I love doing that sort of stuff, casemodding mainly. See ya up there m8!

Good man Shadrach, I'm 31 and I gotta tell ya it was a nice surprise to see so many "adults" in this squad. I believe I'm one of the youngins here. Nice to see another builder here too, I love doing that sort of stuff, casemodding mainly. See ya up there m8!

I think Jedi may be the youngest one around here....we had another young one kicking around but haven't seen him for a bit (smash, I think)