Final Up Due In 2-3 Weeks.

fruitbat

Here's to hoping that 3.1 is finally stable and has decent coop support (at least after a fashion). It would be nice to really get the mission builders to work, knowing that their missions will still be playable next week. I hope they add a few planes like the B24D and the B26. The B26 is a blast to fly, if not for the feint of heart.

I'm wondering now if it might not behoove us to hold off a bit on the desert campaign? Arrgghhh! I hate it when this shit happens.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Would the work that has been done already be lost ?

If not I could wait a week or two longer, not knowing yet when we plan to start. Also remember were getting real close to the Holidays.

I'm ready now, what ever is best for the designer and commanders.

• 1. DDz Quorum

I think we should say that RC4 is the OFFICIAL current version and that we will NOT be applying any patches just yet.

Anyone who wants to test it out should do so WITHOUT affecting the version they play on line with.

All too often I think we have early adapters who's game has the new patches "but its ok I can turn them off" and then we get all the funnies.

Lets take this one nice and slowly, the last patch gave us lot of headaches. Once it has been checked out we could have an "Upgrade Weekend" were experts are on hand to help and we all (well as many a possible) go at the same time.

Any thoughts...?

Cheers

Friar

Lets take this one nice and slowly, the last patch gave us lot of headaches. Once it has been checked out we could have an "Upgrade Weekend" were experts are on hand to help and we all (well as many a possible) go at the same time.

Any thoughts...?

Cheers

Friar

I think thats an excellent idea. Lets do it all together. I must admit I don't have any problem with this approach as these days I only fire up 1946 in order to fly with the Dogz.

I think we should say that RC4 is the OFFICIAL current version and that we will NOT be applying any patches just yet.

Anyone who wants to test it out should do so WITHOUT affecting the version they play on line with.

All too often I think we have early adapters who's game has the new patches "but its ok I can turn them off" and then we get all the funnies.

Any thoughts...?

Cheers

Friar

I agree and this should be the OFFICIAL POLICY of the Dogz all the time. We should stick to what works until we can get some members to test new stuff out. That is where things got all out of hand when we moved to UP 3.0. We had a few who started to host that and we all kind of just moved to it without ANY discussion at all. It BROKE ALL of my missions!! Plus the other problems people had.

This is just common sense and has been 'sort of' a rule since we first started using mods in the beginning. But it should be made our DangerDog Mod Policy.

Snack

• 2. Administrators

Lets take this one nice and slowly, the last patch gave us lot of headaches. Once it has been checked out we could have an "Upgrade Weekend" were experts are on hand to help and we all (well as many a possible) go at the same time.Any thoughts...?

Makes sense to me Col.

I suppose I agree up to the point where we're already in a screwy version and in all probability the new one will fix most of the problems (they've certainly been working on it long enough). I'd say if this thing gets good reviews the first couple of weeks (let's face it, it won't take long for the bad news to get out if there's a problem),and we get a decent sized test group together to test 'er on the campaign, we'd probably be better off switching over sooner rather than than later (again I consider reasonable caution a given). The auto-update system that will be coming with it is a big plus as well. I really like the Idea of having a few "update nights" when we do switch over to help out the non computer guru's amongst us, not to mention giving a time for the guru's confer and figure out what the hell's going on themselves. I'm most interested in getting a stable game going as soon as possible. Just my $.02.

Any thoughts...?

Cheers

Friar

I second the Good Friar's thoughts...

DT

• 2. Administrators

I suppose I agree up to the point where we're already in a screwy version and in all probability the new one will fix most of the problems (they've certainly been working on it long enough). I'd say if this thing gets good reviews the first couple of weeks (let's face it, it won't take long for the bad news to get out if there's a problem),and we get a decent sized test group together to test 'er on the campaign, we'd probably be better off switching over sooner rather than than later (again I consider reasonable caution a given). The auto-update system that will be coming with it is a big plus as well. I really like the Idea of having a few "update nights" when we do switch over to help out the non computer guru's amongst us, not to mention giving a time for the guru's confer and figure out what the hell's going on themselves. I'm most interested in getting a stable game going as soon as possible. Just my $.02.

+1

This isn't the same as when we changed from UP 2.01 to UP3. Its completely different.

That whole shite fest was due to the difference that TEAM D put upon us whether be design or serendipity with the class file changes between 4.09 and 4.10.

Since we are all now running 4.10 UP3rc4, this will be a simple patch from where we are now already.

That said, it won't hurt one jot, for a few of us to test first, and then for Friar's sensible vision of events to be undertaken.

The only problem i foresee, is that this uses a new apparently 'final' version of Zuti, and/but this has been the source of issues with many mis.files, so.....

Massive bonuses of this patch will be the Up Updater from old, which from past recollections solved much anguish.

So i'll like some others test first........ but i don't really foresee to much transitional change imo.

• 1. DDz Quorum

+1

This isn't the same as when we changed from UP 2.01 to UP3. Its completely different.

That whole shite fest was due to the difference that TEAM D put upon us whether be design or serendipity with the class file changes between 4.09 and 4.10.

Since we are all now running 4.10 UP3rc4, this will be a simple patch from where we are now already.

That said, it won't hurt one jot, for a few of us to test first, and then for Friar's sensible vision of events to be undertaken.

The only problem i foresee, is that this uses a new apparently 'final' version of Zuti, and/but this has been the source of issues with many mis.files, so.....

Massive bonuses of this patch will be the Up Updater from old, which from past recollections solved much anguish.

So i'll like some others test first........ but i don't really foresee to much transitional change imo.

The problem will be missions that are somehow no longer compatible with the new version, due to changed aircraft and/or object names. And loadouts. And whatnot...

In that light, the troubles are still the same...

What we need is a list what has changed regarding those objects...

If we have that, I can change / create a tool that will automatically fix any issues...

Biggest trouble is, we will only find out by running the new version, I don't think I'm gonna test over 1500 coop missions... ;-)

I'll surely be very happy with the auto-updater!

Oh, and +1 on what Colin said.

Do some testing first, a few peeps, indivudually, share the problems, analyse them...

And that 'upgrade weekend' --- splendid idea --- though me thinks it'll take a whole week or so, but not two!

• 1. DDz Quorum

Any thoughts...?

Cheers

Friar

~S~ Colin sir ,

:iagree:

"The only way is UP........ baby ".................. (eventually).

~S~ Painless.