Re: Weather update...part 2. What's yours?

JensenPark

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here in Zagreb yesterday we had first snow this year. right now temperatures are between -3 and -9. Nothing unusual for last 10-15 years. Before that we usually had snow much earlier and much lower temperatures. i can remember years when we wad -20 C.

• 1. DDz Quorum

As I look up to my celcius thermometer in hopes to learn the metric system by July, I see -19c.

About 9" of snow left on ground from last week.

Pooka.... sorry 23 centimeters of snow.

It's 1 degree here in Connecticut. This is the place of which Mark Twain said "If you don't like the weather, wait a Minute it'll change". It hasn't changed a bit in 150 years, the weather report is just an educated guess, at best.

Man THAT is cold...

Here the blizzard raised havoc on roads and railroads. A standard 3hrs traintrip having a 26 hrs delay. People complaining on TV and radio but without realising that untill the bilzzard stops (or calms down) there is nothing to be done. Check this one: the bus gets stranded in a snow covered road. The local authorities sent a grader - it got stuck as well . Another grader was sent after a few attempts to drag the first one it broke down. Then the Army sent a BTU - it did not even make it to the crash zone

3 major snow showers yesterday left around 4-5in of snow and last night temp dropped to -5 (bloody freezing but possibly quite pleasant to what the USA and Canada are experiencing right now) so the roads are treacherous and not a gritting lorry in sight.

My wife wants you to know that you have "just the most charming little house", Delta.

I agree. It also looks like you've done a lovely job restoring/maintaining the wood/glass and detailing... shame the neighbour hasn't done the same.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, D.

C_G

Thanks Guys

The house is over 100yrs old, built in the 1890s. It is sandstone exterior with a slate roof . The stain glass is a replacement we put in. It is custom built based on a design on one of the origonal interior doors.

We have tried to be sympathetic to the interior and exterior and renovated it back to origonal as far as possible.

When it was built the town was a port and timber importer so it was well finished in good timber. It had the most amazing wooden floorboards but we had to cover these due to wanton vandalism when the last owners