Welcome to our newest Danger Dogz

Blairgowrie

• 1. DDz Quorum

Welcome Sweper.

Ignore the bit in the welcome to the dogz thread about installing the 352nd mods, we are now a AAA 1.1 mod squad and you can find the files in the vault, please read the notes in the file details in the vault though!

Hi all!

Thanks all for yor welcome, I really appreciate it!

Thanks Blairgowrie for your help and that you encouraged me to join this fabuloes group.

My name is Sven and I´m from a smaller town on the swedish west coast. I bought IL-2 1946 about three weeks ago and have only flown offline so far. Well, tryed online a couple of times but didnt do so well... I hope to learn a lot from you guys and that you have a lot of patience with a nugget. I did some fligh sim years ago but not until now I think I found the "soul" in flying. It is harder then I thought...

My other hobbies is photo and playing golf. I´m better in taking pictures...

Thank´s again!

Regards

sweper

Welcome Sweper,

This place is definately the best choice to start playing il2. You just come on Teamspeak when you can and you'll see how quickly you'll get the hang of this sim with all the friendly advice this group has to offer.

Thanks Lothar. Just installed TS with help from Blairgowrie, but i dont know

Welcome to the Pound, Sweper.

Believe only 1/2 of what you see posted here as rumours, and then double it. That would be about right.

Come out flying when you can, m8. We're about to start some training sessions that you may be interested in.

Hey Sweper, I'm on Teamspeak right now, if you want you can join and we'll see if it works for you!

Hi Lothar, nice talking to you last night. TS worked quite well I think. Well, after I found out that I cant use the space key. Installed TS Overlay, will see how this work irl.

Regards

Sweper

Hey Sweper, Another swede to join the squad ey, welcome. If you ever need a flying lesson in swedish (As they were intended), shoot me a PM. S!

Hi Jediteo!

Sure like to practice with you. I tryed a misson with a Zero yesterday, starting from a hangar ship, did quite well after I realized I had to remove chocks instead of using the breaks like on the ground. Hardest I think is flying and using cocpit only. I got engine overheat all the time and had a hard time to catch up with my wingmen. A radiator stuff?

Regards

Sweper

Howdy Sweper and welcome. I still a fairly new dog myself but I feel pretty lucky finding these guys to fly with.

I've been in IL2 since it was new so if you need any help just let me know (I direct you to someone who knows

what is going on).

Looking forward to talking to you and flying and shooting and blowing up stuff.

Welcome to the Pound, Sweper.

Believe only 1/2 of what you see posted here as rumours, and then double it. That would be about right.

Come out flying when you can, m8. We're about to start some training sessions that you may be interested in.

Welcome Sweper,

If you want some great background on flight there is a great book.

Stick and Rudder by Wolfgang Langewiesche

http://books.google.ca/books?id=CPdDju21zt0C&dq=stick+and+rudder+by+wolfgang+langewiesche&printsec=frontcover&source=bl&ots=0cBEO8CAjZ&sig=SayzlJZo9OE52cqNC5yko8EHeoQ&hl=en&ei=qxjuSb-IFcTD-AagzIHGDw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2#PPP1,M1

You can read a bit of it there, I'm sure you can find it in your native language if you look around.

Feel free to ask anyone for help in anything.

As for overheating .... the engines need air to cool.

Lots of throttle needs lots of air for cooling, either rad wide open or lots of speed.

If you're going fast you may not need much rad open to keep the engine cool.

If you're going slow (climbing) at full throttle you need rad wide open and at full throttle even that may not be enough in a hot or humid climate.

Don't climb so steeply and you'll go faster = more air = more cooling.

Thank you guys!

Thanks Jediteo and (?) sorry, forgot who the other gentleman was, who helped me with take off and landing practice tonight. A lost tail wheel, not much to moan about, came down alive (until some maniac shot me in pieces on the runway :)