It Lives Master....it Lives !

Turning off the shadows, while being one of the nicest pieces of eyecandy, does ruin framerates, turn it off and you should get a significant (talking 20+ fps here) boost. The shadows of trees and buildings is what really ruin you FPS. Still they are getting there. WIth a bit more multicore support and the game should run fine.

Good for you delta, glad to hear it. :goodjob:

Despite the apparent troubles you're all having i'm still rather jealous of all you 'Clodders'!

My PC would probably implode if I even hinted at putting the disc in the drive let alone actually run it lol!

Still... you guys are like my beta testers :D making it all perfect for when I can finally afford a new rig :thumbsu:

Good for you delta, glad to hear it. :goodjob:

Despite the apparent troubles you're all having i'm still rather jealous of all you 'Clodders'!

My PC would probably implode if I even hinted at putting the disc in the drive let alone actually run it lol!

Still... you guys are like my beta testers :D making it all perfect for when I can finally afford a new rig :thumbsu:

Oh no, I couldn't "Afford" an upgrade, but you gotta do what you gotta do. I just called Best Buy and told them my computer was hosed. When they sent over "The Geek Squad" I took them hostage and started knocking them off, one at a time, until the store finally gave into my demands. Thinking back now, I should have asked for an i-pad too.

Oh no, I couldn't "Afford" an upgrade, but you gotta do what you gotta do. I just called Best Buy and told them my computer was hosed. When they sent over "The Geek Squad" I took them hostage and started knocking them off, one at a time, until the store finally gave into my demands. Thinking back now, I should have asked for an i-pad too.

No, you should have demanded the address of a better store. :laughing7:

Wish NewEgg had retail outlets......hmmm......happy thoughts.... :)

you probably will be flying the next gen by the time I get my windows7 sorted, all games reinstalled and patched and my joystick profiles sorted out for IL2 46, CoD and BOB WoV2 - bloody new saitek joystick software doesnt take the old profiles, I lost my BoB files so have to remap these and I have still to work out where the CoD files are installed in win7 to see if I can copy and paste my old profile into my new install - aaaaaarrrrggggggghhhhh fuggin computers, why when I were a lad .................

• 2. Administrators

Do you want my x52 profile for il2 to get you started Delta?

I have one for CloD too, but it's very basic as the built in joystick support seems to work well with the x52

Jabo

Just so you know Dave, CloD puts all of the user files in your Docs folder under 1C Softclub. You'll find your Conf.ini, mission folders, skins, etc there. Don't forget to grab the skin folders from your main game directory and drop them into the skin folder in you Docs file so that they actually work.

Just so you know Dave, CloD puts all of the user files in your Docs folder under 1C Softclub. You'll find your Conf.ini, mission folders, skins, etc there. Don't forget to grab the skin folders from your main game directory and drop them into the skin folder in you Docs file so that they actually work.

Aha! The latest beta patch gives force feedback but all it seems to do is make my Saitek Cyborg 3d jump all over the desk like some sort of er, 'adult' toy.

I've tried setting FF to '0' in the Confuser file but is don't seem to do anything. Is there another folder I should be altering too?

What you could do is just go into the FF folder CloD (under steam) and just remove the punch and mortar effects, pretty much the only useful one is the Spring. There are programs such as Fedit which can reduce the amplitude of the "vibrations"