Bloody Customs

Blairgowrie

• 1. DDz Quorum

While at the P O this morning I asked the lady at the window if you could ship alcohol through the mail in the US. She looked at me like I should know better than to ask such a foolish question. No way, and to boot, you can not even use a box that has pictures of alcoholic beverages on it, even when it contains other matters.

So I'm not going to be the go between for Arthur and BGs scheme to ship high grade scotch into North America. You two will have to look for another way.

I had a 750ml of whiskey confiscated by a Navajo Indian Ranger at a campground on their reservation in Monument Valley, AZ many years ago. I can't imagine that they poured it out.

I'm guessing those Indians and your customs guys are having a party! :occasion5:

Silly brits...

You are right FT. How foolish of me, a grown up, law-abiding tax-payer and father of three, to consider sending a bottle of Scotlands finest to another grown up friend in a country that by and large has the same constitution and legal system as my own :unsure: .

• 1. DDz Quorum

Silly brits...

You are right FT. How foolish of me, a grown up, law-abiding tax-payer and father of three, to consider sending a bottle of Scotlands finest to another grown up friend in a country that by and large has the same constitution and legal system as my own :unsure: .

No, I solely meant british customs not taking it back is silly :blink:

You, I've met in person, you're not silly, you're just a brit... :icon_cyclops_ani:

:laughing7:

No, I don't think what you did was silly, but a very good thing... a positive thing... okay, not being prepared this could happen was maybe silly, but still it was a very good thing... It shows a positive take on things, that's nice... I like that...

Silly brits...

No, I solely meant british customs not taking it back is silly :blink:

You, I've met in person, you're not silly, you're just a brit... :icon_cyclops_ani:

:laughing7:

No, I don't think what you did was silly, but a very good thing... a positive thing... okay, not being prepared this could happen was maybe silly, but still it was a very good thing... It shows a positive take on things, that's nice... I like that...

Lol, FT!! Sorry I wasn't taking exception to your comment, I just find it hard to understand why I can't send Scotch to a Scotsman living in another western liberal democracy! After all I could post it to you or anyone else in the EU, even Australia or NewZealand but not Canada.........perhaps this has something to do with prohibition busting in the nineteen-twenties. Dunno.

For the record, I AM a silly Brit you know! :roflmao:

All this talk about scotch reminds me I have to refill my stock. I checked the Bowmore today and it's only one glass left in it. Bugger!

Welcome back to the Swedish Whine Monopoly( :blink: )in Strömstad mate! Don´t forget to fill up your stash of Göteberg Rapé B)

All this talk about scotch reminds me I have to refill my stock. I checked the Bowmore today and it's only one glass left in it. Bugger!

Welcome back to the Swedish Whine Monopoly( :blink: )in Strömstad mate! Don´t forget to fill up your stash of Göteberg Rapé B)

:roflmao: They have nothing to "whine" about. Those bastards can use banknotes as toilet paper and still they'd have plenty of profit. I think the words you were looking for are The System Company... :blink:

Anyway, any news on the mail bitches, Sir BG?

Ahh...welcome to the nanny state.

Where BG lives, in the province of Ontario, they actually have government commissions and committees on hairstyles.

They were going to strike a committee to investigate the "double downer"...a type of sandwich from KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) as the government thought it was too unhealthy and the citizens couldn't make their own decisions on whether to have it or no.

In Toronto, capital of Ontario, the city has a 'shade' police to ensure that any building built offers enough shade and sun protection. Street food vendors have to lease the equipment from the government (ownership discriminates against the poor who can't afford to buy a hot dog cart themselves) and the government decides your menu to ensure it is healthy enough. Soda pop is not allowed to be sold on any government of Toronto land or buildings.

Commie, social-engineers like Angus must love it...but it is killing the province.

Here's a tip for everyone: when mailing stuff over the boarders...address the package with an envelope of a local hotel and in big words write "returning lost and found items".

• 1. DDz Quorum

Is it true?....On the radio today I heard that the Canadian authorities had banned the song by Dire Straights - Money for Nothing (only been around for 10 years or more) because of the lyric about "fagots" being disrespectful. WTF!