One Hell Of A Week For Me.

Blairgowrie

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A quick and full recovery please BG. Your good wife, Janet, must be anxious.

We disrupted our neighbours services the other day. My young lad is a little excessive in the toilet department, he likes to use a couple of loo rolls, a bag of baby wipes and a telephone directory a sitting.The inspection pit in the downstream house next door blocked the other day and the effluent from the houses upstream backed up, popped the pit cover and swamped the garden.Whilst there is no proof we were to blame I suspect we were and the neighbours are a little frosty of late. A regime of rationing and a lecture should, hopefully, prevent a repeat.

Oh my god - sorry BG and sorry Helen.

In my defence I would say I have a real problem with names, telephone nos. registration nos. and, usefully, birthdays. They will not stick in my head for more than a minute. I have five kids and know what their names are but apart from getting the gender right I generally distribute the names on a random basis which tends to deflate any rage or argument I'm having. My wife's birthday is only remembered by her meeting out repeated beatings over the years and if stopped by the police and asked what my reg no. is I'd have to get out and look and get arrested as a suspected car thief.

In my defence I would say I have a real problem with names, telephone nos. registration nos. and, usefully, birthdays. They will not stick in my head for more than a minute. I have five kids and know what their names are but apart from getting the gender right I generally distribute the names on a random basis which tends to deflate any rage or argument I'm having. My wife's birthday is only remembered by her meeting out repeated beatings over the years and if stopped by the police and asked what my reg no. is I'd have to get out and look and get arrested as a suspected car thief.

NP shadrach.

What is the trail drug for BG?

It was for my prostate cancer TOAD.

Thanks Shadrach, you gave me a good laugh, and some comfort in knowing that there might possibly be someone on the planet with a worse memory than mine.

Glad to hear your doing at least somewhat better, BG. From the sounds of it, your healthcare system is at least as fooked as ours!

I am sorry to say my cancer has metastasized to my stomach and my lower back. PSA has gone from 1.6 to 170 and then back down to 57 thanks to the drug trial. I didn't want to say anything because , as you know I can't stand talking about it. Going to Duxford this past year was so important to me and I really appreciated the respect and friendship from all of you who attended. I wouldn't have said anything about the cancer but getting kicked from the drug trial has really thrown me. I went to see my Uroligist today for my quarterly hormone injection and he can't understand why either. He has emailed the oncologist in charge of the study to ask for an explanation. I intend to fight to get back in. I may have to blow up the London Cancer Centre.

http://www.jnj.com/connect/news/product/Study-of-Investigational-Agent-Abiraterone-Acetate-for-Metastatic-Advanced-Prostate-Cancer-Unblinded-After-Meeting-Pre-Determined-Criteria

• 1. DDz Quorum

Got a lot of people rooting for you Jim, and I know support will be more than forthcoming from all here.

Disturbing news, hope you are able to get back on the best chance treatment again.

Do you want this to remain in the open forum?