One Hell Of A Week For Me.

Blairgowrie

As some of you know, I developed an acute shortness of breath about a week ago. It was so bad I could hardly make it up a flight of stairs and when I did I had to sit for 5 minutes just to get my breath back.

I went to see my doc and he did an immediate chest X Ray. My lungs were full of fluid. I was given an immediate intravenous injection of a drug called Lasix. In the 4 days since then I have pissed almost every hour. My weight has dropped over 15lbs. Yesterday I spent over 5 hours at the local hospital getting all kinds of tests done to make sure I hadn't suffered a "silent" heart attack. One of the blood tests they did was for Troponin, the enzime that is released after a heart attack and stays in the blood for 2 weeks. The good news was there no sign of Troponin.

They have concluded the fluid buildup was from all the friggin drugs I take. I sure feel a lot better and can breathe normally but I am very weak.

I will be hosting UBI Zoo today but will likely miss next Tuesday. I am scheduled back at the hospital for more tests on Tuesday.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1. DDz Quorum

Bloody hell Jim, take it easy and recover quick!

We have a nasty flu like bug going round here, it has knocked me sideways and left fluid on my lungs too (but not to the same degree as you).

Our NHS - 'You need a chest X-Ray in a month, in the meantime try these anti-biotics'.

Really sucks when self-employed!

Glad you are ok Jim.

Glad they didn't have to do any worse to you than give you the drugs for it.

Word of advice: use the excavator you have from now on. no longer should you be moving 5 ton boulders by hand like before.

Funny you should mention big rocks. I found a really big one and thought it would look nice at the beginning of our driveway. Next day Bell telephone showed up to advise me I had managed to drop it on my neighbours telephone line and cut it. I had to take my backhoe out and dig a new trench for their stupid wire. They had only buried it an inch deep and it ran right across my driveway!

Thanks guys definitely on the mend but I have a ways to go yet.

Glad you are ok Jim.

Glad they didn't have to do any worse to you than give you the drugs for it.

Word of advice: use the excavator you have from now on. no longer should you be moving 5 ton boulders by hand like before.

Next day Bell telephone showed up to advise me I had managed to drop it on my neighbours telephone line and cut it. I had to take my backhoe out and dig a new trench for their stupid wire.

you should have buried the idiots from Bell in that trench. Wouldn't have been missed.