• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I understand a bit of the many limitations of ROF, I think its being bashed a bit. I've flown on Oceanic's server where they had 6 hour somewhat dynamic missions where something like destroying a train before it makes it to a factory prevents the supply of parts available for a specific planes productions and thus depriving the enemy of that asset for a time. While ROF doesn't have anywhere near the flexibility of IL-2 or even CLOD, I've still had loads of fun not only flying on the Oceanic server but also in coops hosted by Gustang. It's not all bad,has been a lot of fun and perhaps in time it will improve. It's definitely sounds way, way off from any kind of SEOW platform. Either way though its good to see that there is new life in the WW2 flight sim niche. I'll say this though the ROF developers seem competent. They seem to be pretty passionate in their work as well. On a side note the ROF forums are not even anywhere near the level of the Ubi, 1C forums and I mean that in a good way.

:chainsaw:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well it seems we may need to hold off on the celebrating, seems our friends at 777 are taking a hostile stance on the further development of Cliffs...

This quote from the latest BoS developer update

7) Now enthusiasts from ATAG themselves correct CloD (copyright for this game belongs to you). Whether any cooperation with this team?

So far none of them have tried to contact with me (or with anyone else from 1C-777) and discuss this possibility. This is a bad sign. They don't respect us. If there is no respect for other people's property, any dialogue is impossible. I hope that this is due only to the fact that this boys don't yet know what they want and what they have done. Therefore, they are shy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

If you have a steam game I'm sure the only thing you need to back up would be user settings and any missions you may have (although as far as I can tell it does not touch any of those any way).

Install procedure:

1. Run installer, point it at your CoD install (it autodetects it anyway)
  2. When it finishes you have to dismiss/cancel the installer.
  3. Run the game once, then quit.
  4. Copy your *.ini files to your C:\Users\UserName\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD directory
  5. Run and enjoy, a lot.

• 2. Administrators

to add to what Rog says, the *.ini files need to be copied from

C:\Users\UserName\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover 

to 

C:\Users\UserName\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD directory

not from your

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover

also any missions you've made plus paintschemes need to be copied to and from the same locations

some screenies from lastnight on ATAG featuring myself and Fenrir,

on patrol in Hurris,

Screenshot96912_zpsf4538c60.jpg

climbing out in some spits,

Screenshot103148_zps1237182e.jpg

cruising at 30,000ft just because we could,

Screenshot136583_zps1e7c3bea.jpg

and an offline gratuitous spitfire shot of Kiwi 1 (and my new desktop)

Screenshot31565_zps17aad950.jpg

we both got bounced once each, died once each, but between us bagged 4 ju88's, 1 109 definate, shared on 3/4 stukas, and shared on a couple on  he111's, and another 109 probable just before his mate got me, not a bad return, oh and put on a show at Manston which got a favourable reception from the crowd watching on the ground  :salute:

• 1. DDz Quorum

lol, yeah, I was on the ground at Manston... warming up my Hurricane's engine.

It sounded much better as well, with cockpit open... it sounded 'roomier' than before, like really sounds that sound like you hear on an airshow, space-wise I mean... I think. Good show it was.

And taking off next, but it flew weird for a while, just about until Fen noticed a Hurri flying around with its gears still down... oopsie.

Later on, I took of from a bomber field, in a Blenheim, flew to the French coast, tried dropping bombs on some ship.

Did not work, bombs would not drop.

Some possible causes:

1. Incorrect button asignment

2. Bomb doors were closed, could not open them, probably due to 1.

3. Forgot to take any bombs.

4. Maybe they need to be armed first?

Anyways, took some flak, ran for home. Well, 'running'... nope.... on one engine... at 250ft, doing 140Mph, could not climb, could not speed up.

Lucky me, as no enemy saw me limping home... made it onto the field, where again I found out I need to check my gear-handling routines, as I put it on the soil with the wheels up.

Oh well, at least them bombs did not go off...

It looks better, sounds better and feels better than before.

So, if you have CLOD, put this on top.

Ands, if you do not have CLOD, get it, and next this...

It's worth it, even just for flying around Kent, with the cockpit open  :dj:

• 2. Administrators

lol, FT you convert :P

Some more screenies,

playing around with fuel mix in a hurri to get different exhaust colours,

flaming orange,

Screenshot7854_zps2d632a73.jpg

Screenshot9086_zpsd98c664e.jpg

cool blue,

Screenshot13437_zps1958b47b.jpg

Screenshot15147_zps1fbae5f9.jpg

messing around in spits at altitude,

Screenshot32777_zpsc8ead1f0.jpg

Screenshot16919_zps447c8316.jpg

running away after a pesky 109 got my rad whilst i was shooting down another, see the exhaust flame coming out of one of the stacks where my engine is shot,

Screenshot57915_zps700d0f97.jpg

Screenshot64640_zps44cbdc85.jpg

Screenshot65105_zps458c8cf2.jpg

pesky 109's,

Screenshot71255_zpsa5296330.jpg

Well I just checked and I still have Sweetfx folder and the four files in main folder installed.

And the Microsoft update.

It worked fine yesterday, but am wondering about the need of Sweetfx now,

So I'm going to read up and make sure that's all it was that installed and remove it and see how it looks and runs without it.