BluBear

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2. Administrators

Precious Metal is the griffon powered Mustang IIRC. Good footage here, but I do wish that people wouldn't cut up warbirds in order to turn them into racers. Not an improvement over a nice, stock airframe IMO - I'm probably in the minority though!

• Like 1

• 2. Administrators

Maybe in the case of the P-51, but Sea Furies? Bearcats? I guess the point is that I'd rather see a stock, airworthy aircraft than something that is a Mustang (or whatever) in name only. It is possible to re-engineer a racer back to stock but if the projects currently underway in the States to do this are anything to go by 're-engineering' seems to mean the same as 'rebuilding from the ground up'

Probably just me.

I'd love to get to La Ferte Alais one of these years, however I can't imagine we'll see flying like this again! (8mins 24s...  :blink:!!)

Dogz weekend away Chris?

• 2. Administrators

Mmmmmmm, Luftie

On an unrelated note here's the 'farewell' video to Golden Apple's lovely F-86A which is shortly due to be dismantled before heading to it's new owner Stateside,

A sad loss for Europe but at least the new owner has said that she will fly regularly from her new home.

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

I enjoyed the Reno clip very much. Interesting to see the circuit from the air and at dam near 500mph. Talk about head on a swivel !

I agree about the airframes being modified so much, it might not be safe.

I would rather see all new modern airframes fitted with WW II engines tuned to the hilt so fans can still enjoy the flat out sounds.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hangar 10 Bf.109 G-6 engine runs!

Looks like we'll be treated to another DB engine powered Messer next year :)

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=611415055653258&set=vb.274625062665594&type=2&theater

http://youtu.be/BKufcdKDrW0?list=UUB0F7OsELou_plU48Kmysvw

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...