FoolTrottel

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1. DDz Quorum

Inside the Romainian hangar, listening to the guy that runs the shop there ('shop' being something called the 'Aircraft Restoration Company, Duxford', never heard of that, it seems that guy's been publishing articles in some magazine, and he's been working on some book in 9 volumes.) Col Pope is his name.

gallery_465_28_33348.jpg

• 1. DDz Quorum

Ok, Just got home. Had to leave the guys early this morning so I could get home to attend a family do.

I had THE most fantastic time. It was absolutely brilliant meeting all the guys again. The airshow was breathtaking, the atmosphere at the pub was fantastic. I am running out of superlatives for this trip.

A tremendous salute to all that were there........I love you guys..........in a manly butch way of course!

Cheers

Friar

(Tired from the late night drinking, horse from all the singing and talking and laughing and emotional for being with a great bunch)

I have just had a quick look at some photos I took and some arnt bad at all :lol: I really enjoyed meeting everyone and wanted to thank you all for making it such a great weekend :bow: It gets better every year :thumbsu:

Pailessspit.jpg

dogzinthesun.jpg

spitflyby.jpg

spits.jpg

sunshade.jpg

Painless wasn`t the only Dog to sit in a Spit

JPspit.jpg

I concur it was indeed a fantastic day I just wish that I (and the Wife of course) could have stayed last night, next year be sure :thumbsu:

It was an honour and pleasure to actually meet some of the guys, the wife was impressed also by the ''normalness' of some of you, note I said SOME :roflmao: Now I have a task at hand and that is to learn her to fly :startle: as she want to join us in the air.

I had THE most fantastic time. It was absolutely brilliant meeting all the guys again. The airshow was breathtaking, the atmosphere at the pub was fantastic. I am running out of superlatives for this trip.

+1. Brilliant day, and great to meet friends old and new.

Special thanks to you all for making Honorary Danger Dog Twister feel so welcome.

And the newest recruit is........

• 2. Administrators

What an absolutely bloody fantastic weekend :thumbsu:

Really nice to meet everyone, the evenings and atmosphere in the pub were brilliant, the airshow was a nice bonus as well (and a pretty good one at that!)

Can't wait to do it again next year!!!

:goodjob:

• 1. DDz Quorum

Was indeed a most excellent meet, reaffirming the bond we guys have.

Saturday night was a magical experience, both for me and my brood, and the friendly rivalry with the singing duel between the 'RAF' guys and the German contingent was a fantastic backdrop in a most 'DangerDogz' manner - my kids and Mrs loved it.

Brilliant to once again see old friends, some of whom I had never set eyes on before, and to indulge in our joint passions of warbirds and alcohol.

Going to book an appointment with a shrink to try and work out why I missed two previous events, even though I'm only 19 miles away, and to get some heavy duty counselling.

My lot here have already said they are looking forward to doing it again next year, and Hannah wants IL2 installed on her PC ;)

S! The Dogz one and all.

+Loads to what everyone else said.

Blindingly good weekend, museum, airshow, weather, mates, campsite, pub ;- everything came together to make it so memorable.

Mega thanks to Jabo for both arranging stuff,and collecting me from my campsite, and to Rog for offering me a lift, Mrs Rog for driving all the way back to my campsite and all Rog's kids for one of the most entertaining journies I've had at that time of night for a while ( hope I didn't leave them toooooo wound up mate ! )

Cheers guys

Dave