UI 1.2 very there now

FoolTrottel

• 1. DDz Quorum

FT, I have a full uncorrupted install (finally), I could try to upload it to the Vault later if you like for Dogz use. It seems that Filefront has "issues". I only hope that I can get the FTP to work, I've had no luck in the past.

Thanks for the offer BA, but I don't think that it 'd be usefull for the dogz...

Should we decide to do 1.2 (which I doubt) it'd be an adapted set, for use with Chkmods, and I'd have to upload it myself...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see any reason why 1.1 and 1.2 wouldn't be fully compatible, and so far I've had no trouble. I'll be running it from now on. As I said before the only issue is Zuti's DF mod (which, as I said can be commented out easily) and it just so happens to be one of the more compelling reasons to use 1.2 in the first place. This is not so complicated guys. I thought the whole idea of switching to the UI was to be able to keep up with the mods easily, now we have all this resistance, I just don't get it. I don't want to stir up a hornets nest, I really don't, but I don't get it.

I don't see any reason why 1.1 and 1.2 wouldn't be fully compatible, and so far I've had no trouble. I'll be running it from now on. As I said before the only issue is Zuti's DF mod (which, as I said can be commented out easily) and it just so happens to be one of the more compelling reasons to use 1.2 in the first place. This is not so complicated guys. I thought the whole idea of switching to the UI was to be able to keep up with the mods easily, now we have all this resistance, I just don't get it. I don't want to stir up a hornets nest, I really don't, but I don't get it.

... I thought the whole idea of switching to the UI was to be able to keep up with the mods easily, now we have all this resistance...

With respect, but I don't recall squad deciding to switch to UI 1.2

I think the cornfusion is from the release of two versions in 1 week. (4.09m&UI1.2). which neither is compatible with each other. And the uncertainty of what we are going to do forward.

As I understand it the current official version is UI 1.1.

There are some good points raised here. Hopefully we can at least decide that 4.09m is the state of the official (i.e. Maddox) game at the moment and therefore lose 4.08 and the 4.09beta out of the mix. This gives us one solid and un-modded basis for team-play.

As far as the mods are concerned there is a more confusing situation which I/we have seen developing, both here and in the AAA forums. It splits along the lines of those people who want to mod in a responsible manner and preserve the on-line fairness/equality which has made the game such a winner since 2001 - and those who want everything now and don't particularly care how they get it. Anyone who has been following the recent threads at AAA since the official 4.09m was announced will get the picture. Huge howling and whining from people who expected that v 1.2 would combine with 4.09m, and a rush to download any other version that promises to make 4.09m moddable. Result: more disintegration of the user-base as people load the ultra-pack and/or the SAS package, even though it's been made clear that these versions don't work on-line!

My take on this nonsense is that, if we want to continue flying the mod versions on-line, we should throw in our lot with the most reliable modding team out there. In my book that's the AAA mob, who are at least offering a certain continuity in their developments. Whether the squad should move to 1.2, and then 1.3 and a combination with the 4.09m, is moot. That's the nature of Pandora's Box - more alternatives than one can cope with.

Of one thing I'm sure. Oleg Maddox is somewhere having a bloody good laugh and who can blame him? This is the chaos and uncertainty that he predicted when modding started and he was right all along.

B

Brando: :headbang::hello2: :wav2:

Delta: As far as I know, there never has been nor will there ever be any FM, DM or weapon changes to the stock Oleg aircraft at AAA. If we are flying missions that use only the old aircraft then any changes to the new aircraft are irrelevant, moot and not even a part of any reasonable discussion. Past that there is no reason we can't discuss any aircraft that we have problems with, and then just leave them out of any new missions.

Gec: With all due respect right back atcha, I was referring to the original thought process that led to the adoption of the AAA UI in the first place. I have always been under the impression that having a common and relatively easy path to upgrades was part of the plan. UI 1.2 is part of that plan if there ever was one.

In summation I have three installs now 4.09 clean, UI 1.2 and ultrapack 1.7.

Excellent post Brando. If we can ever get to the stage where 4.09m final is incorporated into the mods then I will be a happy camper. Strange there is such a split reaction to the new sounds in 1.2. Some people love them amd others swear they are porked.

:bg:

There has been some trouble with the downloads having corrupted files. That may be some of the trouble with the sounds. You can check for corrupted files with 7zip by opening the exe and hitting test. Alternately you can just use the bit torrents as they seem to be clean. BTW the problem was with the DL hosting not with AAA.

"If I should refrain from flying with the Dogz until this is all straightened out then that is what I'll do."

Why would you do that? I hope you are not getting upset or frustrated over this.

I don't think that he is, but I see the difficulties that are happening.

Let's summarize this way:

1. The Dogz are officially using AAA 1.1 as our modded version.

2. Many Dogz have several versions in use - make sure that you refrain from using them when flying COOP's so as to avoid conflicts with the host.

3. AAA 1.2 (and then soon to follow AAA 1.3 over 4.09m) will be the standard used for most online servers. Warbirds of Prey are switching on Oct. 20 to AAA 1.2, and my other squad's server (Balance Of Power) is already using it. For that matter, you can connect to Zekes right now with AAA 1.2 as it seems that they have disabled CRT=2.

So, if you can manage it, you should be downloading both the 4.09m patch and putting it into a clean version, and AAA 1.2 as it will be in online server use VERY soon.

I have 5 installations:

1. Clean 4.09m

2. AAA 1.1 (which switches between 4.08m and modded, and 4.09b1m and modded)

3. AAA 1.2 (which switches between 4.08m and modded and 4.09m and modded)

4. UltraPack 1.8

5. Clean 4.08m

Yikes!

• 1. DDz Quorum

Brando, your post makes way too much sense... brilliant!

These are facts:

+ DD's have chosen the AAA mod path (1.1 based on 4.08m and 4.09b1m currently)

+ DD's are inclined/want to follow Team Daedalus's' developments (Either 4.10 or 5.00 is being worked on)

+ We've got CheckMods

Here's what I see as what we should keep our focus on:

+ Squad play and its need for compatibility, and keep it as simple as possible for squad members (lol)

This is what it'll all boil down to:

#1. Patience. (Like currently, we're basically waiting for AAA 1.3, as it's compatible with 4.09m.)

#2. Once 1.3 is there, we'll create a new Mod Set1), using ChkMods, which than can be used to easily upgrade an installation from current set (AAA 1.1) (or maybe combined with a single download, should upgrading with ChkMods take too long.)

#3. Next , in time, TD will create yet another Oleg approved patch.

#4. We wait for AAA to come up with a new version, compatible with the new TD patch.

#5. Tune up the modset, run ChkMods...

#6. Repeat, start at #3

In the end, it's rather simple, isn't it?

We'll just have to be patient, wait for others2) to do the work, then enjoy the fruits of it.

Hm, maybe this post shouldn't have been here, but in the mods boards? Oh well...

1) New Mod set does not necessarily mean the entire AAA set, things can be removed, or added.

2) FT is one of the 'others'

"If I should refrain from flying with the Dogz until this is all straightened out then that is what I'll do."

Why would you do that? I hope you are not getting upset or frustrated over this.

No I'm not angry for sure, but I'm a little frustrated. I just don't see the point in waiting for UI 1.3 to use 1.2 which we will need to install 1.3. This is not an either/or proposition unless something changes drastically, in order to use 1.3, we're going to have to install 1.2 at some time. Why not enjoy some new mod goodness sooner than later? We can use the tools in Winrar or 7zip to check the downloads integrity if that is a concern, then with a few clicks of a mouse be fully upgraded. For the guys who don't mess with mods and already have a "clean" 1.1 install that's all there is to it. For those of us who do mess with the Mods, well, we've already done it anyway.