24 Hours To Go.

Jediteo

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 after a few hours, it is picking up the pace now. The seeds are those with finished download. Blubear, this means that of the total numbers of seeds (231), you are connected to 10 of them. In the last few hours, the amount of seeds have doubled, so download speeds should increase as more seeds become available. Torrents are slow when they first start, but when the popularity equalises with number of seeds available, they are the fastest means of downloading. Think of each seed as a download mirror, and they are currently overwhelmed. When the seeds/peers ratio reaches around 1/5 or even 1/5 it should improve by a quite substantial amount. In the last two hours I have downloaded 20%, the first 20 took 10 hours. Just the nature of torrents.

Actually I don't think that the torrent needs to be complete before you start seeding the bits you have already downloaded. UP 3.0 is the only active torrent I am running right now. Besides that in Bittorent my connection speed was set for auto and I was only uploading at about 17kbs. I manually set both the upload and download speeds to 25Mb and now I am seeding the torrent at 400kbp. My download is bouncing from 150 and 500kbps. I usually leave my upload uncapped because if you limit it too much it will throttle your download depending on how the seeders have their settings if I am not mistaken. I haven't checked lately but I remember setting mine to seriously throttle leechers that don't have and upload speed of at least 5kbps.

Currently at 62% and 2 1/2 hours remaining. Started just a couple of hours ago.

• 1. DDz Quorum

I forgot to set a limit to my upload on the torrent... and so posting here and browsing the internet has become a challenge for me... it's got about 25% downloaded now, but the upload kinda messes up my connection... oh well... (it states it's got 14 hours to go now... no ...13... no ....12... yeah, it's kinda unsteady .... lol)

So, what I meant to say: I agree with mayhem, others are currently downloading bits and bytes from that 25% (nearly 26% now) that my torrent is complete...

• 1. DDz Quorum

Just wanted to add that me having downloaded 25% of the pack does not mean it's got the first quarter of the pack... The way torrents work is that they try and grab each and every part they can get their hands on while downloading, and sharing each and every part they've grabbed that way. For all I know is I may have downloaded one complete new Jet aircraft, or four separate quarters of four new Jets...

Oh boy, 50 minutes left. Guess I know what I'll be doing till the wee hours of the mourning.

FT is correct. In Bittorent at least (don't know about other clients but would assume its the same) you can set your progress bar to show the parts you have downloaded in a very minimalistic way which looks just like a defrag progress bar as apposed to a regular linearly progressive progress bar.

UPDATE: 3 minutes left! Woooo Whoooo!!!

Mine reported to have completed at 4.40am this morning.

I've left it on to seed all day while i'm at work like the good torrent-er that I am ;)

Looking forward to giving it a whirl this evening!

• 2. Administrators

Only at 62% at 7am this morning 14 hours after starting. Hopefully it'll be complete by the time I get home. Looks like the higher throughput supposedly available during the night didn't make it to me. I'm averaging 95kB/s.

Jabo

Now have a couple of DVD's ready for Tribunus. Both MD5 confirmed so data should be good. Will be out in the mail today: Egypt bound!

Thanks Jim,

Hopefully it will get here by the middle of June.

They were flying all of our mail on a commercial flight direct from New York to Cairo. But with all of the unrest that we’ve been having here lately, the commercial carrier is no longer willing to fly into Cairo. So now all of our mail is going into Frankfurt. There the Army gets it and lets it accumulate until they have a decent load and then they put it on a C-17 bound for Cairo. It’s all part of the joy of living in Post Revolutionary Egypt.

Thanks again for the help Jim.

I have a problem......I just can't get any widescreen to work with it, all the other mods work just not widescreen.........any ideas?

Bongo

Wide screen for menus or widescreen for gameplay? If you want gameplay widescreen with proper aspect ratio you are gonna need San's IL-2 FOV changer otherwise your game will be a stretched 4:3 aspect ratio instead of the typical 16:10 for widescreen LCDs. If your talking about widescreen menus, apart from using the Ecran Wide mod I don't know what to tell you. If it's not working anymore then they possibly need to update it for UP 3.0 but I would have thought that would have already been a taken care of if not integrated into UP as its a no brainer.

I have a problem......I just can't get any widescreen to work with it, all the other mods work just not widescreen.........any ideas?

Bongo

Wide screen for menus or widescreen for gameplay? If you want gameplay widescreen with proper aspect ratio you are gonna need San's IL-2 FOV changer otherwise your game will be a stretched 4:3 aspect ratio instead of the typical 16:10 for widescreen LCDs. If you talking about widescreen menus, apart from using the Ecran Wide mod I don't know what to tell you. If it's not working anymore then they possibly need to update it for UP 3.0 but I would have thought that would have already been a taken care of if not integrated into UP as its a no brainer.

Well I think widescreen for both, there is a widescreen mod included with the UP 3.0 install and it just isn't working....nor is ecran for 4.101