Road Trip

Tribunus

Road Trip 1 of 9

This trip has me leaving Africa and traveling all the way to Southwest Asia.

Sounds impressive, right?

In reality, all I did was drive to Suez and take the tunnel that goes under the Suez Canal.

My destination for this trip is Mount Sinai, which is down in the southern part of the Sinai Peninsula, with a few side trips of course.

Heading south from Suez, I made a stop at Ain Musa, the Springs of Moses. This is said to be the spot where Moses and the Israelites camped after crossing the Red Sea into Sinai. The water was too brackish to drink, until Moses threw a piece of wood into it and it became drinkable. There are only these two wells here now, and some shacks with people selling souvenirs. Other than that there was not much else to see.

Back on the road again, I head south and then east into the interior of the Sinai, to get to St. Katherine

291_1a98fa0f6d6b74e20b28d2a6f56036a9

291_1c451389cdac3888e16aab33e86b333e

291_cc4b8818dcb8d2025480b34b01bd7e97

VERY cool, mate! I wish that I could go and see some of those sights some day.

I'd also like to check out the Bar Lev line and 1973 Yom Kippur War battle sights; well the 1967 stuff too. I've always been very interested in the Middle East wars between Israel and the Arabs.

Road Trip 9 of 9

This was a fascinating trip. The scenery was spectacular and the centuries of history all in one spot is mind boggling. But I had to head back to Cairo. In hindsight, this was too much to try and do in one weekend. I had been up since 1 AM and I was beat when I pulled out around noon to drive home. This really needs to be a three day trip.

I can

291_406372518e8e67a4d6be5bed76ed236f

Fantastic trip and pictures Trib!

I just wish you could have hidden one of your secret spy cameras in an apple or something and got some pics inside that chapel! But alas, the pics you do have are great!