A new call for "Dogz Time"

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

Following the recent exchange of posts and confusion in the Pedestal boards which had me laughing out loud by the way..I think it is time to bring up the topic of creating a standard "Dogz Time" again for when events will start.

On a given day and time, we all set a time piece of some description to the same time. This will become "Dogz Time". This time may be quite a bit different from your local time but there will be no confusion about daylight saving and time zones etc. It will then be down to each person to work out their own difference from the Dogz Time. This time will then be standard, no adjustments. It could be set as a mid atlantic time so not too far out for the majority of K9 members.

I think the biggest difference we have is about 8 hours east to west, so all clocks would be on the same day at least!

Your thoughts please.....

• 1. DDz Quorum

I have already installed two clocks on the comms page.

They show GMT/BST and EST/Daylight saving, so no need to work out much in that respect.

If were to just quote the time @ Greenwich (whether it be GMT or BST) as the start time and @ New York then there should be no confusion.

I can add more clocks, just tell me what time zones I should add and I will do it.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Rather than try to look at clocks and add/subtract whatever, I present the Dogz (Determine Our Game Zone) Time Zone reference sheet.

As I said last night, the Sid Vicious is a mispell as it should be Sid Viscous 'cos I'm a little bit fick and need to see fings in front of me.

This sheet does that with the time zones that GENERALLY the Dogz fall into, my apologies if it doesn't catch all. It covers Zones from GMT - 9 through to GMT + 5. It has Standard Time and Daylight Saving Time for each hour through the day, plus some either side. The idea is that you choose a time zone, move across horizontally to the one you want and read off the corresponding time in that zone.

If, for example, DT is trying to work out a time to start a campaign

DOGZ time.doc

• 1. DDz Quorum

Lazy bastard..

Is there anyway to incorporate those two clocks somewhere here on the main forum, for the lazy people like me who don't go to the main site that often?

Just for you, you idle git, who makes a mockery of why the web site side itself exists (how do you get access to the vault - does your Mrs do it for you?

We've got two clocks that provide a point of reference for both sides of the Atlantic.

That should be more than enough.

But just to be on the safe side, DoubleTap could call each and every one of us on the phone and politely remind us about what time we need to be on line.

That or send each of us flowers with a nice note.

Lazy bastard..

Is there anyway to incorporate those two clocks somewhere here on the main forum, for the lazy people like me who don't go to the main site that often?

Just for you, you idle git, who makes a mockery of why the web site side itself exists (how do you get access to the vault - does your Mrs do it for you?

Lazy bastard..

Just read through the rest of the posts...

How the HELL did our forebears ever pull off D-Day?!?

SCENE - Dockside in Southern England Morning of June 6th, 1944

American and Canadian soldiers are standing on the dock, watching British ships steam past, as Spits fly overhead, due east.

Canadian Soldier - "What's all this, eh?"

American Solider - "Damned if I know, mack, I-"

Looks at watch...

American Solider - "Oh, shit..."

Just read through the rest of the posts...

How the HELL did our forebears ever pull off D-Day?!?

SCENE - Dockside in Southern England Morning of June 6th, 1944

American and Canadian soldiers are standing on the dock, watching British ships steam past, as Spits fly overhead, due east.

Canadian Soldier - "What's all this, eh?"

American Solider - "Damned if I know, mack, I-"

Looks at watch...

American Solider - "Oh, shit..."