I've seen some crazy, funny stuff, but this...

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

WTH were they hitting?

I'm guilty of collecting signal precusion caps from the railroad when I was a kid from a parked utility and hitting them with a hammer, nearly tore my arm off, but those were about 2"x2" with a lead strap to hold them to the track, waiting for the train to run them over.

But this stuff is huge???

Crazy!

Reminds me when we put a firecracker under an emty coffee tin can. It flew about 30 meters high. Later we found cartrige we emptied on gun powder, filled a 20mm copper pipe with the powder, plugged it in both ends with cartriges. The whole pipe was placed in a big glass bottle with the end of the pipe sticking out where we put a lit candle. Those days were fun.

i remember me when i was maybe 10-11 years and bunch of other kids from my street using 50 liter metal sheet bucket and cca 10 dkg peace of carbide.

we've put carbide on the ground and put some water on it. then cover it witl the bucked and sealed it good. waited few minutes and ignited with a looong stick through small hole on the bottom of the bucket. we where doing that on the meadow cca 20 meters from my and nearest neighbor house.

on ignition windows on both houses broke and bucket flew 20 m in the air like a rocket.

you can imagine what happened then