Jabo

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1. DDz Quorum

Here's a resized one.

Sad one though.

The demise of Big Beautifull Doll: (See wingtip on right wing...)

post-465-0-75116300-1310324004_thumb.jpg

This Skyraider hit BBD while coming out of the balbo.

BBD went down, pilot bailed and is said to be safe and well...

BBD is in a hole in the ground ...

• 1. DDz Quorum

I saw him land, he had a lot of speed... use the brakes, nearly a propstrike as the tail lifted.

Good pilot, he let it run all the way down the runway, to an area out of the way of other aircraft.

Here's what I saw: a twirling/wiggling down piece of something falling down, it could be a wingtip.

A Skyraider in a steep dive... throttling up fully, emitting black smoke.

A falling dot, of which a tiny red thingy seperated. Canopy opened fully. But it disappeared behing the trees.

Now the annoying thing was that the speaker was still going on talking (yes, the French git) as if nothing had happened... as it was the balbo landing he went like 'One after the other coming in now and.... yadayada... it felt Só angry and pissed off.... "No you silly bugger! One is NOT coming home!!"

Finally, 15 minutes after the show ended (it ended just a few minutes after the incident) there was an announcement of what happened... and that the bailed pilot was safe...

• 1. DDz Quorum

post-465-0-69982800-1310326133_thumb.jpg

Few more things to say:

* Sorry BG about the size of the photo's, but ... successfully resizing them while under the influence of alcohol.. I can't manage.

* What's silly Arthur doing hijacking this otherwise perfect thread with pics from a silly 'aircraft' show with friggin' jets in it?

Come on!

*What a weekend! I'm happy

post-465-0-54526500-1310326783_thumb.jpg

(Fenrir, Painless, BlueBear, and lots of other geezers...)

• 2. Administrators

Then the Spitfire scramble opens the show...

post-406-0-07594200-1310326590_thumb.jpg

And the heavens opened...But when the rain stopped, the 7 Spitfires had been joined by a Hurri and three Buchons!

post-406-0-13583200-1310326875_thumb.jpg

post-406-0-26308700-1310327300_thumb.jpg

post-406-0-00818700-1310327391_thumb.jpg

post-406-0-19813100-1310327476_thumb.jpg

A perfect day for the show .. perfect pictures... beautiful planes .. good friends ... tall tales and lots of beer I'm sure ... the only thing missing from this event being as perfect as anything could be ? ... My presence ...lol :)

Maybe next year boys ..maybe next year

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Bombardiers !!

Well as I always like to say............ it was a bloody terrible weekend with nothing but boring old airplanes to watch wandering all over the sky (especially the Skyraider ), uninteresting company, dull conversation, no laughter and absolutely no fun !!! :ass:

CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT YEAR !!!

Among the many many best moments for me in no particular order were..............

Meeting the chaps.

Being called a "GIT" by Sweper

Telling the chap in the Duxford ticket office that the two foriegn guys, (Swep and FT) in the Citroen behind me were illegal immigrants and that they had a boot (trunk) full of cannabis.

Hearing that the P51 pilot "walked away"

Watching the Royal Navy Sea Fury "369" blast past at low level which gave me a small but conservative bowel movement !

The P38

Having the hairs on my arms stand on end due to engine noises and the visuals.

Trying to sing the DDz anthem a little drunk in the hotel.

Sid's bike.:laughing7:

Discussing the relative virtues of the "larger woman" with Tom

and so many more........................

Favorite quote

While we were in the pub on Saturday trying for around 30 minutes to sort out what we were going to eat, drinking, collecting individual orders, drinking, changing our minds on what type of food to have, drinking some more, collecting individual orders, drinking, revising individual orders, then just settling for 14 x cod and chips............CRASH looked up and said...."you couldn't write this shit!"

~S~ Painless

Hi from Skies of Fire chaps! ~S~

Was good to see you all - I'm surprised our paths haven't crossed before as we've been setting up just a few yards past the tank museum for the past 4/5 Legends now - usually with the gang from 80th HeadHunters.

Our usual schedule involves camping at a site near Trumpington park & ride and going to the Aces bar at the Eagle in Cambridge on the Friday night.

Hope to see you all again next year!

Salute mates!

Back home after a glorious weekend.

Thank´s for your company mates! Really nice to meet you all. Exceeded all my expectations. Flying Legends was a blast. Had many good laughs, (even to the French commentator). Thank´s Friar for your hospitallity, much appreciated! Thank´s Jabo for picking me up at Stansted! Thank you all for beeing such a nice bunch of nice blokes!

Really nice pic´s FT, Crach, Zooly, Friar and Jabo. I´m a bit (very!) jealous of your pic of the red-nosed Sea Fury Jabo. I tried but missed every time to frame it. My pic´s are coming (some day) still working on them.

Painless, I wondered why that young guy in the ticket booth gave me such a profound and nice smile. I asked him what you told him but I didn´t get any answer. I thought he was gay...

Some clarifications (just in case):

I did never call anyone a G*T

I did not snore

I was never drunk

I was never behind or lost when we were moving 2km from one side to the other of the airfield.

I did never take a cab to keep up

I did never complain about an old mans body

Swep

• 1. DDz Quorum

Nice seeing some good photos coming up!

There is a limit of 20 per post, just so you know, and if you attach images to post (as opposed to image link from our gallery) there is a maximum post size of 80MB which is quite generous!

Gallery images of course can be larger ;)