Duxford 2011 Dates Announced

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum
looks on map to be relatively close.

15 miles from Cambridge city center?

21 miles from Duxford?'

Yeah, 'relatively close' ... to a Canadian maybe... :-)

("1.44mi from city center" is Huntingdon city center me thinks...)

Mind you, not to be criticizing here, just wanted to make clear what 'relatively' means!

Camping is not a problem for me...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1. DDz Quorum

21 miles from Duxford?'

Mind you, not to be criticizing here, just wanted to make clear what 'relatively' means!

You may have the wrong Map FT.

The hotel JP posted link to is next to Cambridge Airport with is les than 3K from city centre.

Huntingdon would be around 20 miles away, Duxford is 10.5 miles and 20 odd mins away ;)

• 1. DDz Quorum

21 miles from Duxford?'

The hotel JP posted link to is next to Cambridge Airport with is les than 3K from city centre.

Huntingdon would be around 20 miles away, Duxford is 10.5 miles and 20 odd mins away ;)

Oops....I simply googled the address JP posted, and found this: Holiday Inn EXpress Cambridge, clicked on the map, et vôila, Huntindgon! The address is rather similar ... :blink:

~S~ Dangerous doggies,

I am happy to camp or hotel it, BUT we need to make up our minds fast ! A vote perhaps then move on the outcome ?

~S~ Brainless

+1 We need a list up of who needs accommodation

List added to 1st post

• 1. DDz Quorum

Ok, I have just canceled my room (at no cost to me) and am therefore Bedless....

I would prefer to have a hotel rather than under canvas as I think it would be better for the socializing.

I think JP's offer is a very generous one and one which we should go with.

I propose, we keep this open till Tuesday of next week to get the names and then we book it.

It will mean an early start on saturday morning to avoid the traffic but that is a small price to pay for good company.

Tell any dog you know that does not come by the boards much that they need to put their name forward NOW......

Salute

Friar

• 2. Administrators

Well, I've had a very unproductive conversation with the management at the Red Lion this afternoon. Despite our reputation (lol) they are charging the full £140 rate for Legends weekend (this is in the Holiday Inn). They won't know if rooms will be available in the old buildings until next year and in any case they will be similar to the costs for the Holiday Inn.

This is daylight robbery - it was cheaper to stay in London this year for chrissakes.

Screw 'em, I'm off to buy a tent, unless JPs excellent suggestion bears fruit(bat).

Jabo

• 1. DDz Quorum

21 miles from Duxford?'

Oops....I simply googled the address JP posted, and found this: Holiday Inn EXpress Cambridge, clicked on the map, et vôila, Huntindgon! The address is rather similar ... :blink:

I can now confirm ... I was looking at the wrong map!

Campsite at Fowlmere: http://www.appleacrepark.co.uk/welcome.htm

Thus very close to Duxford...

Read the reviews: child unfriendly!

Reviews (7)

~S~

This is where I camped last year. Great campsite BUUUUTTTTT quiet after 10:30 so I suspect that the owners wouldn't take to kindly to the dogz arriving en-masse.

Nice site / adequate facilites, too far to walk to the show and sadly on completely the wrong side of the museum for the hotels ;- Only thanks to Nick & Rog I was able to get to and from the Red Lion otherwise £15+ each way a minicab. Cost wise it was £5 / tent and £5 / car per night. If you want to know anything else about it just ask !

Cheers

Dave

• 1. DDz Quorum

Ok, I have just canceled my room (at no cost to me) and am therefore Bedless....

I would prefer to have a hotel rather than under canvas as I think it would be better for the socializing.

I propose, we keep this open till Tuesday of next week to get the names and then we book it.

It will mean an early start on saturday morning to avoid the traffic but that is a small price to pay for good company.

Tell any dog you know that does not come by the boards much that they need to put their name forward NOW......

Salute

Friar

~S~ Chaps,

:iagree:

LOL Rog baby !

I hope that JP's hotel price will be OK with you Gec M8?

~S~ Painless.

Salute

Friar

~S~ Chaps,

LOL Rog baby !

~S~ Painless.

~S~ Painless,

unfortunately i can not make any bookings now cause at the moment my financial situation does not look good <_<. you know...world crisis and shite.:icon_puke_r:

if things get better till July and there will still be rooms, tent spaces or at least a parking space i'll be there.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Salute

Friar

~S~ Chaps,

LOL Rog baby !

~S~ Painless.

~S~ Painless,

unfortunately i can not make any bookings now cause at the moment my financial situation does not look good dry.gif. you know...world crisis and shite.:icon_puke_r:

if things get better till July and there will still be rooms, tent spaces or at least a parking space i'll be there.

~S~ Gec M8,

OK fair enough, lets see how things develope :)

~S~ P.

• 2 months later...