Used Saitek X-52 Pro

Sweper

You could cut a "U" shape from an old credit card and slip it under the spring for more tension but I suspect the play is internal and it won't help.

I've never noticed it as a problem.

I did find putting some non-petroleum lip balm (beeswax) on the shaft inside the spring helped the "stickiness" of the stick. Lubing the cone didn't really do anything.

Pedals have holes for screws. I have mine wedged against the wall with a large book as a spacer but they do move in a panic maneuver, normal operations are just with the toes but sometimes you push pretty hard. One day I'll put a couple of screws in to hold em.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well the slop in the middle is there in the X-45 and I recall feeling it on a X-52 at a friends house.

The main reason I went looking for a used Microsoft FFB stick.

I fooled and fooled with the X-45 profiles, and never could get one to work with my style of handling.

I was always getting out turned, or stalling out.

I only use the X-45 stick as a button bay now, and use the Throttle in combination with the MFFB

Good luck with it, I'm sure some regular users, have found a way around it's deficiency's by now.

It's been on the Market for several years.

A trick is to set all the joystick settings in IL2 to 100. I can help you with it later if you like.

~S~ Thanks for your answers mates. Feel a bit better now. Will install everything tomorrow.

I appreciate all help I can get. Would be nice Jedi.

Swep

As the guys have said the only way to test is in game or with IL2-joycontrol. You will need to set up the controls in the game for the HOTAS and set up the joystick software to get best results.

There are old posts with folks button settings and maps and I posted a document in the vault to help you to set up your stick( Its calledX-45 map , for an X-45 but should help with the X-52)

There was also an old sticky in the general discussion where a lot of folk posted their settings, this is personal and you should try a few to see what you like.

I currently use

0 25 35 45 57 64 71 78 86 93 95 10

ae I found all 100s very sensitive but a lot of folk recommend this as the most accurate

Thanks Delta!

Everytime I boot my pc it is telling me that a new software/hardware is installed. It is that Magic Mouse thing. I thought it was automaticly installed with software and drivers? Even if I answer Yes and Next in the dialog boxes a new dialog box pops up and asking me to do the same thing again! I have searched Saitek site but this software is nowhere to be found. I have read thogh that lots of people having problems with the Magic Mouse.. Anyone have a sollution?

Swep

• 1. DDz Quorum

I currently use

ae I found all 100s very sensitive but a lot of folk recommend this as the most accurate

Nice one, your settings reflect mine, including the drop down to 10 at the end. I found that all 100s is very sensitive and could induce stalling situations quicker so I introduced a curve that gradually built up to quicker deflection of the controls so that any stall came toward the end of the control movement instead of, well, anywhere if all 100s are used. More control instead of instant flickability

did you download the latest drivers from the saitek site and install them - make sur eyou get the right version for your windows operating system -install everything including mouse bit- make sure your stick is unplugged from the pc when you install the software. Once properly installed then plug in stick and should be ok - also make sure stick is on one of your pcs usb ports and not on a hub

found this on the uk support forums - might help see post on second page listing correct steps for install

http://www.saitekforum.com/showthread.php?t=7207

• 1. DDz Quorum

I currently use

Nice one, your settings reflect mine, including the drop down to 10 at the end. (...)

Sid, there's no 'drop down to 10' in sensitivity at the end, that's the value for 'Filtering'.

The first value on the line is for 'Deadband'. The value second is the first sensitivity setting.

This kit of Saitek was not my bag. I have decided to return the stuff to the seller. We have legal right to do so within 14 days if not used or broke. It will not go for all merchandise but I hope they will take it back and pay my money back. I have just put everything back in the original boxes.

I have tried to program this sst thing the whole day and it ended with a computer crash. I tested in 1946 4.08 clean and when quitting the game everything just froze. I cold not even quit any programs in Task Manager. I hade to unplug the power cord. I uninstalled all Saitek softwares, unplugged everything, started up installed the software and plugged in the Hotas again. After a while I got rid of the sst software and set up all controls in IL-2 instead. I got that far that I flew around for a while.

Anyway, this Saitek stuff is not for me. I felt uncomfortable with the stick, with the throttle and the rudder pedals. All those keys, sliders, rotary switches, nope nothing for me. I bailed out!

Thanks for all help.

Swep

sorry it has not worked out for you mate

I really like mine and use all 3 modes so have lots of variation

In reality tho I only really use the same few commands but find it handy to have them on the stick or throttle rather than reach for the keyboard

one great advantage of the HOTAS is to have trim and prop pitch on a slider - it really helps in combat

hope you get your money back

S

@sweper - although FT is right; so are you. in that to prevent stalling and blackout at extreme

• 1. DDz Quorum

If you want, try these. Back up yours and put them into the folders:

Conf, into the game folder

Settings, into the Users/Doe(whatever you use)

SST profile into wherever your SST 'SD6...' folder is - XP it's in the 'Users/Shared IIRC.

settings.ini

Anyway, this Steak stuff is not for me. I felt uncomfortable with the stick, with the throttle and the rudder pedals. All those keys, sliders, rotary switches, nope nothing for me. I bailed out!

I am using Thrustmaster T - Flight HOTAS X.

You can fly while controller complet is attached, or dissemble it and have separate stick and throttle.

No sliders, one Hat switch (usable for four functions), 12 buttons in total.

Before i bought pedals, on stick I had buttons for:

- guns

- cannons

- guns + cannons

- bombs

- elevator trims (Hat switch)

- rudder

- zoom in view (Hat switch)

- zoom out view (Hat switch)

Throttle:

- Flaps (all 3 stages)

- flaps neutral

- landing gear (up and down)

- lock tail wheel (also "push to talk button" for TS)

- trim neutral

- boost (on and off).

It allso have "rocking button" originally made for rudder contoll, but since it have rudder on stick (left - right rotation), i have never used it.

On keyboard, I am using keys for :Engine on - off, complexe engine management, map, navlights, cockpit lights.

Until now, I did not have any need for anything else.

Controller is very simple, it costs 40Euro, when you plug it in (UBS) it is more than easy to program buttons.

Sorry to hear that you returned pedals

They serve me nicely.  

• 2. Administrators

GK, yes I heard and read that the Force Feedback 2 is good one. It seem though that those two sellers only ship to GB.

Swep

And where is the problem here? I'm sure one of the UK dogz (me for instance) would be happy to act as the middle-man. So the stick comes to me, and I send it to you.

Just a thought

Jabo

~S~ Jabo. That would be a nice idea.

But, I would like to do the same thing, but with CH Products. I find that a combo of Fighterstick, Throttle and Rudder pedals, or only Stick and Pedals, has a very low price if buying in the USA due to the low exchange rate. From Amazon or direct from CH Products. None of them are selling outside the USA. Also there is no freight charge when ordering from Amazon and pretty low charge from CH. If buying from CH there is no tax buying from outside California. And if someone is shipping me all this as a gift (not that good maby, if something brakes, there will be no insurence that cover the real cost) I wount pay any import tax either.

Swep

• 2 weeks later...

Any new stick is going to have a ton of new stuff to deal with. Just map your basic controls and add on as you feel comfortable.

I've had mine for 3 years and am still adding the odd thing here and there.

Good advise Perfesser. Sorry for late answer but on friday I´ll get my new setup. Called the dealer for Scandinavia and spoke to the manageing director. I got 22% off and free delivery. I´ll try CH

Well if you can't get along with CH, there's no pleasing you.

It's probably the best out there, it enjoys long and faithful reputation.

If My stuff dies, beyond repair I'm going the match up my CH pedals with the stick and throttle.

Well if you can't get along with CH, there's no pleasing you.

It's probably the best out there, it enjoys long and faithful reputation.

If My stuff dies, beyond repair I'm going the match up my CH pedals with the stick and throttle.

I´m gonna take my time to get used to it - as Perfesser says. I´ve read so many positive reviews on Ubi forums and other sites so I hope I´ll feel more positive to this setup. By the way, I did go for the Combatstick since I got a bit scared of all settings with the Saitek. I think I´ll start with stick and rudders only, and when I feel more confident, I install the throttle.

Swep