Oh the pain...

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

In keeping with the current hardware theme hereabouts one of my 500GB drives let go yesterday. unfortunately it's the one with all my photos on it, over 100GB of music and all my documents and with my RAID currently down, no backup either. Oh yeah, and six installs of IL2, and all the updates from the year dot onwards. So I'm off flying duties for the time being while I bang my head on the wall and weep bitter tears over being too f**king stupid to follow my own advice and back stuff up properly.

So long for now.

Jabo

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2. Administrators

Ah bad luck Jabo. Murphy's law (also know as sod's law) seems to kick you in the gonads when you are not looking. Any help we can render?

Yup. I really don't know m8, although I appreciate the offer. All of the stuff I need is in the Vault here thankfully, but it's the hassle of downloading it all again that's getting to me. Even losing my entire iTunes folder is less daunting in terms of putting it right.

'Happiness is a warm Spitfire' - LOL, I needed that. Thx.

Jabo

P.S. Please excuse the language in post #1, I am more than a little miffed.

• 2. Administrators

You could always give the freezer method a try, 500g is a lot of data to copy, might take too long.

Different problem I'm afraid Perf, the drive spins up and I can extract data from most of it, but there seems to be a bad section which unfortunately encompasses all of my stuff.

Oh, the horror! All Dogz weep with you and tonight I shall get drunk in your honor :icon_sad:

Seems like a good plan

Well I don't have any problem sympathising with you there m8, what a horror show!

• 2. Administrators

That's it, I'm out for the forseeable. My internet connection is so slow, there's no way I'll be able to download the AAA stuff, it'll take me weeks (literally), so that's it for flying for the time being, possibly for good. I'll still be around here, but don't go looking for me on TS any time soon.

So long guys.

Jabo

My offer of putting it all onto CD's still stands, m8. It's only data after all. In fact, I have one of those little aluminium cases with a laptop hard-drive in it - 30 gigs or so - with a USB connector. It wouldn't be any hassle to bung all the bits on there and slip it in the post to you. Let me know.

B :dog:

That's it, I'm out for the forseeable. My internet connection is so slow, there's no way I'll be able to download the AAA stuff, it'll take me weeks (literally), so that's it for flying for the time being, possibly for good. I'll still be around here, but don't go looking for me on TS any time soon.

So long guys.

Jabo

Whooaa......oh no, no, no, no. If we can get Smash a pc up and running and he's in Ohio or somewhere we can get you the mods at the very least Jabo.

Just tell us what you need in the way of downloads and when you need 'em and I'm sure we can get you up to speed on that front at least.

Hang on in there m8!!

• 2. Administrators

I'm touched (steady, JP), seriously, thanks guys

I guess my minimum requirements are 4.09 and all the AAA UI files (1.1, 1.1.1, 1.2, 1.2a), having those will enable me to get online again with something that'll work.

I also had IL2 MAT Manager, FT's x52 tuning thing and there was a ton of skins, planes and other stuff too, but I can live without those at least for the time being.

What do you think?

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

Jabo,

Couldn't fly tonight so did something useful instead - burnt a dvd with 4.09m, skinpack, AAA 1.1 & 1.1.1.

PM me your address and I'll get it mailed before the posties go on strike.

Will do OT, PM on the way - and thanks

I was under the impression that 1.2 can go right over 1.1. Why would you need 1.1.1?

:bg:

For no reason other than I had it before, so...

I understood it was a patch to fix something or other. Dunno really

Jabo