Release of Lockerbie bomber

JensenPark

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF? Racist lynchmob? :roflmao:

Ditto DT.

We were all very reserved, even myself, compared to our true anger at this. And I and at least one other Dogz DID voice concern about his possible innocence, I pointed out that due process requires a hearing a possibly a new trial. Releasing him under the current status of Islamic terrorist is INSANE, and rest assured of the celebrations in our enemy's camp. This sends the wrong message and assists the enemy.

As stated above, if they released him to avoid embarrassment, then the Scottish judicial system has sunk to the level of the US one, depending on what state one is in. We are also concerned that they are placating an alternate motivator.

Scotland is a nation, not a race btw, and please point out to me where the racism was.

Mr. West sir, (if you are even reading any of this), we fly a WW2 flight sim.......I can't see how one can be so sensitive and participate in a fairly realistic re-enactment of the bloodiest war in history that was started primarily because of pacifists like Neville Chamberlain and American firsters.

I would suggest checking out a little history so you can understand our references sir.

I hope u stick around so we can help you gain said familiarization, and I mean that respectfully, and for your benefit, and hope to fly with you.

The predominent thinking here is that a deal was cut for one of two reasons

1) To save the Scottish Judicial system from potential embaressment as there are strong indications that had the appeal been heard then evidence would be presented that rendered his origonal conviction invalid.

2) Oil contracts are being considerd for Lybia and BP is in contention so the UK needed to keep Gadaffi onside.

However there are arguments against both the above

1) Many think the appeal would have failed and vindicated our justice system

2) The release was under the Justice Secretery of a devolved Scottish parliment and not the UK goverment.

Whatever anyone thinks this was ultimately one mans decision having followed the procedures under Scots Law and given consideration of all the factors involved.

With the people involved (Blair, Brown, Mendelson, and air miles Andy) I wouldnt be surprised if there was anything shady going on. As to the guys guilt, IF the evidence was rigged as it allegedly was it get somebody to pay for the crime, I doubt whether we will find out the truth. It has been suggested that the FBI / CIA thought that Iran and Syria were behind the bombing but the US didnt want to name them.

Yeah, but "Lynch Mob' would be a great name for a squadron.

And I am certainly an open minded lynch mob member. My dog Stan and my mother's cat Frank had an ......'unusual' relationship. I never gave them any grief about it, though Frank sometimes looked a bit confused.

How can anybody call ME a racist?

IMG_0087res.jpg

Yeah, but "Lynch Mob' would be a great name for a squadron.

And I am certainly an open minded lynch mob member. My dog Stan and my mother's cat Frank had an ......'unusual' relationship. I never gave them any grief about it, though Frank sometimes looked a bit confused.

How can anybody call ME a racist?

IMG_0087res.jpg

LOL, Enforcer!

That's just wrong......

.......Ruh Roh,....here Russy,russy!

scoobyprints_sticker_2501.jpg

After all the info I've heard about business influencing government policy I would think that would be the most likely reason for his release.

Someone wants a favour.

That just makes someone just as dirty as the bomber.

Lockerbie bomber 'set free for oil'

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article6814939.ece

The British government decided it was “in the overwhelming interests of the United Kingdomâ€

• 2. Administrators

Good to see he's feeling better according to the Libyan press. I should think that a certain person formerly of this parish will be pleased about that. He might just be in the minority though...

Jabo

Well, it appears that the UK govt made some kinda oil deal with Libya recently that included this. I thought it was just some SCotiish Judges who went nuts and were imitating the ones in the US, especially Ga.

I'll be kinda alarmed if that's true. I guess oil companies own the world. All I got to say about it. Neville Chamberlain has been re-animated I guess.

• 2. Administrators

Not the UK Government Enforcer, BP have a deal in place for drilling tests in Libya. The Libyans threatened not to go ahead with this unless al-Megrahi's name was included in a prisoner transfer exchange. It is highly unusual (it says here) for a specific individual to be named in this way as these deals normally are done just in numbers. As you say though, I suspect the oil companies concerned have a hand in this somewhere.

It makes me sad for the familes of the innocents on flt103 (get that AJW? 'innocent' not 'possibly innocent') that the deaths of so many can be brushed aside for reasons of political expediency and the interests of big business. Just my (non-racist) two cents.

Jabo

Not the UK Government Enforcer, BP have a deal in place for drilling tests in Libya. The Libyans threatened not to go ahead with this unless al-Megrahi's name was included in a prisoner transfer exchange. It is highly unusual (it says here) for a specific individual to be named in this way as these deals normally are done just in numbers. As you say though, I suspect the oil companies concerned have a hand in this somewhere.

It makes me sad for the familes of the innocents on flt103 (get that AJW? 'innocent' not 'possibly innocent') that the deaths of so many can be brushed aside for reasons of political expediency and the interests of big business. Just my (non-racist) two cents.

Jabo

Are you surprised Jabo?

It's the natural progression of all things politic. It at first seems for the common good......then it ends up only good for the government. The problem is less the government but the bureaucracy that necessarily goes with it, I fear. One must wonder if the righties' mistrust of all things government isn't well founded.