Jabo

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2. Administrators

Not sure mate, but the FAA museum at Yeovilton would be high on my list - Maybe better to do that early in the week if a return visit to Kent is on the cards.

• 2. Administrators

One for Skidders - with nine days to go to the official start of this years Legends bash, the Bearcat blows out the cobwebs...

9189658517_e55b76b324_b.jpg

Also confirmed for this years show.

BBMF Lanc, Spit & Hurri (Sunday only)

Flying Bulls Corsair (wot no P-38?)

Horsemen Spitfire formation display (including 2 Mk 1s)

Four-ship Hawker biplane display (2x Nimrods, Hind and Demon)

2x Gladiators

P-51s including Princess Elizabeth and Moonbeam McSwine blue-nosers

plus lots more!

Looking forward to Moonbeam and Liz, not so sure on the thre spit horsemen, might be a bit tame.

P-38 is having engine work done, so may not make it I hear... boo hiss.

However, whatever turns up, it's gonna be brilliant i am sure! Great venue, beautiful aeroplanes, ale a plenty and great company, CAN NOT WAIT!

• 2. Administrators

Weather for Friday is currently excellent, light winds, clear skies and temps in the high 20's (that's celcius). Presumably means heavy snow with drifting in gale force winds for the weekend. Wrap up well chaps

Jabo

I have the time off so a 'leg ends' appearance is on the cards for me, but I will have to find my way home on the sunday.....I have some pilot shit to attend to on Monday, for the chaps hoping to go for a ride in the Stearman I have a potential slot on the 16th if the day does not get too booked up, after that I have the 19th, 20th and 21st if you guys are still in the UK.

• 1. DDz Quorum

I have the time off so a 'leg ends' appearance is on the cards for me, but I will have to find my way home on the sunday.....I have some pilot shit to attend to on Monday, for the chaps hoping to go for a ride in the Stearman I have a potential slot on the 16th if the day does not get too booked up, after that I have the 19th, 20th and 21st if you guys are still in the UK.

Hm, 16th is too early, 19th+ is too late ... that is if we stick to 'current' planning, which is Monday travel from Dx to Portsmouth, incl. possibly some museum visit.

Tuesday Yeovilton, Wednesday travel to Kent, Thursday Kent, Friday for traveling homewards... 

• 2. Administrators

Rumour has if that the third Spitfire in the Horseman line-up will be TFC's MkVb EP120. Probably on the basis of no truth/evidence/what some bloke said in the pub whatsoever.

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

BBC weather - Sunny spells for Saturday and Sunday, Temperatures may touch 30degC on Sunday afternoon. Winds 7-8mph from the East. Take-direction towards the motorway perhaps? Could give a different perspective on proceedings from our usual spot on the tank bank.

Hi all, just throwing an idea out there for a possilbe establishment to 'wet our whistles' on one of the nights (saturday probably?):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Eagle_Pub

I went there with the g/f back in March and it's a great place to sink some beers amongst friends in a historic place.

The highlght of course is the 'RAF Bar'...

800px-The_Eagle_pub_ceiling.jpg

• 1. DDz Quorum

WOT?

Next year?

Silly gits, why next year, why not this year?

(This year is as good as any year ya know!)

As to the beer-thingie, yeah, I think that'll work out just fine...  :tongue1:

Enjoy the show guys and have fun! Also, drink few beers for us too... :drool:

Who knows,maybe we will come next year.

~S~

:salute:

~S~ Chaps

Not been round the pound much this year, indeed I've not even played IL2 since I moved house last May (2012) !!!

Anyhows just to say that I'm going to be at RAF Hendon on the Friday and at Duxford on the Saturday (missed last years).  I'll keep an eye out and hope to spot some of you there.

Cheers

Dave