The Big Fat Aeroplane Video Thread!

BluBear

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2. Administrators

Lucky to get away with that..Or alternatively it shows how robust the sponson design is - If it'd had conventional floats they'd have been ripped off for sure.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Aircraft mounted video cameras don't generally bother with microphones FT - you know how much wind noise even a 20mph wind makes over a mic, imagine it at 200! No point, you'd never get close to a good representation of the subject a/c with all that wind noise. 

I like it silent - no questionable/cheesy music choice. Just drink in the visual spectacle without distraction!

• 1. DDz Quorum

That aircraft has such beautiful proportions, the Aston Martin of the sky's ; )

I liked being able to see the pilot looking at the camera aircraft, watching him peer around the canopy frame, excellent.

P.

And now for some footage from a pilot's perspective. This is from Spitfire V EE602 'Mable's maiden flight earlier this year. Restored in the Isle of Wight and assembled at Biggin Hill, some of you chaps will remember seeing her nearing completion last year during the hangar tour.

One thing this video does well I think is capture the different sounds that this machine makes. From the sewing machine-like music of the merlin to the hgv pneumatic brakes and flaps that are remarkably loud.

Also, it's worth watching to the very last 5 seconds to hear the pilot give his succinct opinion of this fresh bird ;)

• Like 1

And another!

Not seen this with sound yet, but the gesticulations from the Hurri pilot seem to say it all :)

Really nice video editing and to see inside cocpit hurri for the first time. "Step down, step down, thank you" :) At 11:50 he seems quite happy. Can I hear the word: "Marvelous!"? When in formation with the Spit, the Spit had to struggle to keep pace it seemed. Working the throttle :)

Yes indeed. Just goes to show that these chaps get a thrill out of flying these old birds as much as one would expect!

Quite an energetic display from a Hurricane too, the last time I saw such was on a Friday before legends about 10 years ago when TFC were practicing in their then new Mk.IV (now in Canada).

• 1. DDz Quorum

Oh deary me, just googled 'Guy Martin'... and he was in the news just yesterday...

(...)    English rider Guy Martin comes off during the Dundrod 150 race on Thursday, sustaining injuries which are not believed to be life threatening.

Martin, who was leading the Superbike race when he crashed at the Ireland's section of the Co Antrim circuit, suffered broken bones and underwent surgery on Friday

The Lincolnshire man will miss the Ulster Grand Prix races at Dundrod on Saturday. (...) link