Used Saitek X-52 Pro

Sweper

~S~ I found a used X-52 Pro on a swedish auction site. It is boght new in july this year and not used much. The price if nobody else is bidding is 1000 SEK or about 95 Euro. I have already sent some questions to the seller, asked him if the pots and keys are ok and if the spring is ok. Any other important questions I have to ask?

Made this pic a bit lighter in PSP.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2. Administrators

Not sure about potential problems with the X52, other than some people say that the spring goes over time. Don't know how common that problem is, but I've certainly had no issues with mine and I think it's a great stick. 95 Eur seems rather a lot for a stick you can get new for about 130 though

Jabo

Have not got an answer from seller yet (i´m at work) but he wrote he used it for FSX but got tired of it. I also thoght it didnt look like the "original" one. He gave 1690 (150 Euro?) plus freight. I think it´s proparly the cheapes you could get it for here in Sweden. All included; reciept, software and manuals.

Swep

~S~ to you all. Just ordered a new kit of Saitek Hotas. Pedals, stick and that thing that makes your kite move faster. I included new grafics to have the frames move a bit faster as well. Prepare for lots of questions...

Swep

So I got my Saitek X52 Pro (pedals and stick/throttle) today. Have not instelled and conneced it yet. My first hands-on reflections:

1. Did not thought the spring was this soft. Compared to ny Logitech 3D Pro.

2. This stick is flimsy. It has a backlash of several mm´s from the middle position. I can move it back and forth with ease, even twist it, no resistance at all. Is this normal? Will it have affect in game?

3. When moving the stick further it feels kind of sticky, not as smooth as I thoght. Like un-polished metal.

4. The rudderpedals has a very low support for the heels. A bit dissapointing I think.

I know mate!

Had the same problem for first 10 minutes.

Then I put pedals Little farther under the table, fixate them, and now everything is OK.

Plastic heel support on both pedals are enough big to have nicely legs and feet position during flight. It works fine now. Well at least for me.

I am using only socs too.

About that problem with "big play in the middle of the stick", Gec had the same issue with his Cougar stick.

I know that he dissembled it and figure out some kind of problem with spring.

He even ordered another, modified spring and replaced first, originally one.

Do not know how it went.

BTW, I am looking photo of your rig.

You are really far away from monitor.

When in game, I have to stick my nose maximum 40 cm from the screen, otherwise would not see anything that is 1,5+ Km away.

I'm not going to back track and read whole thread.

What pedals did you get?

I have CH and I placed a piece of the rubbery woven drawer mat under mine on my chair Mat and it no longer slides about.

I also only place my toe's on the bottom of the pedals. And control them with the lightest of touch.

From what I've been told by real pilots, that fly these older aircraft and stunt planes that's how you do it.

I only place my foot all the way on if I'm ground handling and using my toe brakes.

I haven't looked at an X-52 close in a few years, but my X-45 has a spring with a cone washer, and cup. I had to keep the cone and cup waxed with a small candle. And zip tie my spring to weaken it.

Toad, i bought the Saitek Pro pedals. I was thinking exactly the same thing you mentioned, just use it with my toes. Dont think I need more then that. So slipping on the floor is no problem.

If I put the stick between two fingers and move it around it feels like it has a pretty big deadband or backlash. It does not stay in the centre as much as i like it to. It feels very soft. I have not installed it yet and can not tell if this backlash will appear in the game. It is like the spring wount hold the stick down on to this cone washer. Before I install the complete Hotas I like to get some response from Dogs mates. If this is normal or not.

Swep