Priory Of St Oleg - Minutes From Duxford Meeting 2013

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum
Sorry for this being a bit late but with going on holiday straight after its taken a while to get back in the swing of things

DUXFORD 2013

1. Welcome to Priory of St Oleg Annual Meeting.

2. Start with Prayer (slight change to the wording for absent friends....) 

High furball, check my five, six and seven

Altitude I must gain

Flyers from around the world will come

Held in a gun sight they will be done. 

To earth you'll be sent 

If 20 seconds is called

Excuse us the brief which we should have read

And let us forgive those that forget to hit fly, 

As they forgive those that vulche against them.

Loose us not our Teamspeak server, 

And deliver us a connection with no lag. 

The sky is our kingdom,

Be it death or for glory, 

Forever the Dogz, 

Huzahh!

3. Thank everyone for making the trip. FT and Sweeper for crossing water to get here.

4. FT for his continued hosting also for Painless to picking up some of the slack as well.

5. I am pleased to announce news of a new charity that the Priory will now be supporting.

The charity is called “Blind Dogs for the Deaf”. Its aim is to provide hearing dogs to alert their owners to noises such as door bells and phone calls.

In these troubled economic times the Priory is becoming under increasing pressure from our benefactors to explain ever increasing appeals for funding with little evidence of the output. We have considered explaining that the cost of Sky HD full film, sports package plus Adult content (We do have to keep track on how the Sisters are doing when they leave the Priory after all) have increased, the cost of upgrading the Wine Cellar with the excellent 2001 vintage together with the spiralling cost of underwear from “Victoria’s Secrets” for the Sisters has had a significant impact on the Priory reserves, however the Abbot agreed that we need to do more for the community, hence our new charity.

Things have not been going too well for them.

Their first recipient of a dog, Mrs Julie Spigot of Lower Spalding had a rather unfortunate incident.

She was given “Binki”, a rescued Alsatian / West Highland Terrier cross.

Mrs Spigot had not had “Binki” very long and whilst watching a repeat of Top Gear from 2002 on “Dave” went out to make a cup of tea during and advert break, unaware that Binki had fallen asleep in her cosy beside her chair.

Anyway, the door-bell rang.

This woke Binki from her sleep and unaware that her owner had got up started to bark and wag her tail to raise the alarm. Mrs Spigot was unaware of this and continued to make her cup of tea in the kitchen. This lead her to unfortunately miss a never to be repeated opportunity for a free quote for double glazing / cavity wall insulation / drive tarmac as the rep would not be in her area again.

So please if you are thinking of raising funds please give them a thought.

6. On the subject of raising funds, I have spoken to Roger who informs me that we have enough money just for the next month but then we need to decide if we need to scale back what facilities we currently pay for. He said he will be starting a thread for discussion so keep an eye out for that please.

7. First musical item of the night.

I would like to present my take on a song first performed by Burl Ives and then Frankie Lane. (in a sty-le akin to William Shatner !)

For those that have seen the video, this is what was intended......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2klh2cTa_Q

Ghost Riders “DangerDogz in the Sky”

Please join in on the Chorus.

A young brave bloke went flying out one bright and windy day,

Dodging through the cloudbanks as he went along his way,

When all at once a mighty squad of cross eyed dogz he saw,

A-flyin' through the ragged skies …. and bringing on a storm.

Yippee-yi-ya, yippee-yi-oh; ….the danger dogz in the sky.

Their tails were still on fire and their screams were straight from Hell,

Their props were black and shiny and their hot breath he could smell,

A bolt of fear went through him as they thundered through the sky,

For he saw the flyers comin' hard …. and he heard their mournful cry.

Yippee-yi-ya, yippee-yi-oh; …the danger dogz in the sky.

Their faces gaunt, their eyes were blurred, and shirts all soaked with sweat.

They're flying hard to catch that red, but they ain't caught 'em yet,..

'Cause they've got to fly forever in that fight up in the sky,

On airplanes snortin' fire as they fly on,.. hear their cry.

Yippee-yi-ya, yippee-yi-oh;… the danger dogz in the sky.

As the flyers swooped on by him.. he heard one call his name.

If you want to save your soul from hell then boy you’d better change,

So shoot dam straight and land your plane or else with us you’ll fly,

Chasing on the bandits six ….. Across these endless skies.

Yippee-yi-ah, yippee-yi-oh; the danger dogz in the sky.

8. Date for your Diary – I would like to announce the date for Dogzford – 2nd Annual Virtual Air show paying tribute to our gone but not forgotten leader BG.

The event will be held on SUNDAY 3RD OCTOBER. 

I would really like to see people put some time in on a display.

I am thinking of perhaps inviting some of the guys we have flown against in the SEOW to make it a Community event. I would like to proper displays of about 3- 4 minutes in singles, pairs or teams.

9. A big event for the dogz this year has been our participation in the SEOW. This has been a learning curve for all of us on many levels.

This event has thrown up many stories of the great and the brave completing dangerous tasks.

We have Squawk running up a top score of 12157 as at last week’s mission. Salute to Squawk!

We have Fenrir with 14 confirmed air kills. Salute to Fenrir!

We have Painless with 60 ground kills. Salute to Painless!

And….. we have the other end of the scale…………..

Events such as FT sent out on a mission to find and destroy an important convoy. He flew around desperately searching to find them, but only to end up crashing…….right along-side a road as the objects of his search drove by!

And Painless and his Paratroopers…….I don’t think I need say any more on that little escapade…..

The likes of Squawk and Painless being our top killers but I would like us to take a moment to appreciate one of the un-sung heroes of the squad.

This person is always one of the first to put his name down on the list and never questions the roll he is given. He is willing to practice so he knows what to do on the night.

However with a score quiet comfortably negative (-700 as at last week’s mission) I would like to salute Crash and present him with the “Unsung Hero – I took Ten for the Team” Award. Salute to Crash!

On a more serious note, as a squad I think we all appreciate that we could not have done this without the tremendous effort put in by the planners and the plotters, the likes of Perfesser and Squawk who cannot be with us and of course Fruitbat and Painless.

Both have committed many hours on our behalf making sure the Dogz put up a good show (only for most of us to rip apart their best laid plans)

It therefore gives me great pleasure to first of all ask Kevin to step forward and receive this small token of our appreciation.

What could we give Kev I thought. What would be a suitable gift to commemorate his many hours spent looking at the plains that surround Starlingrad

And now Painless……We all know Mick has been working on his fine Dispersal Hut and I thought that this would help to set it off……

Salute Fruitbat and Painless!

10. That concludes this years meeting, thank you for listening and I will now ask Fenrir to close the meeting with our traditional rendition of Britney and “Hit me baby one more time”.

Thanks Colin, very inspiring indeed...Thanks FT for the filming and allowing us far away to step inside the party...by the way, did i see Guiness cans?

Jolly good show ! ( as you would say over the channel)