Just Checking In

Tribunus

Just a quick note. This is the first time the internet has worked in a week.

So far, I'm fine. Where I’m at in Maadi things have calmed down a great deal since Friday and Saturday, when we were having multiple gun battles only two or three blocks away.

You may probably have heard about the Embassy issuing a mandatory evacuation order. But because of my job, I'm considered Emergency Essential. So I'm one of the folks that helps everyone else leave the country. If things stabilize, I'll help keep things running and prepare for some of the less essential people to return. If the situation turns to shit, I’ll be one of the last to go.

If the internet keeps working and things calm down more, I’ll give you a full update. This is history in the making. Not having U.S. security like I had in Iraq is a bit unsettling. Especially on Friday and Saturday, when the Egyptian police abandoned the city and we were totally on our own.

Anyway, were having exciting times here and I’ll share my observations and thoughts with you as soon as I can. :icon_farao:

• 1. DDz Quorum

Thinking of you m8, take care of yourself and those about you.

Thanks for the update. It is coming across as a major changer here in the UK, although the coverage isn't as headlining as it could be.

Cheerzen

Sid

Good to hear from ya Trib. I figured you were in that small group of people.

You've been a bit of topic of discussion the last few days for sure.

http://www.dangerdogz.com/forums/topic/8106-shit-hits-the-fan-in-cairo/page__pid__87377

http://www.dangerdogz.com/forums/topic/8119-any-word-from-tribunus/page__pid__87448#entry87448

Keep safe my Friend!

Thank goodness you have your Internet connection restored. Just seeing that you have checked in overnight gives us hope and confidence.

I heard yesterday that Mubarek is worth 17 billion $ and his family 70 billion! That is so gross.

That patch to 4.10 we talked about is over 500mb. As soon as it moves from beta to final it will be in the mail, as long as you still have mail.