In game footage from SoW

DD_Arthur

Oh my. Look at the cloud with the light running through at 1.13. Just unbelievably beautiful. Looks like 2010 is going to be a great year for us simmers. Now I just need to organise some charity event to scam my way through to get a new rig.

• 2. Administrators
I'm wondering the way your head wallows around a bit when he turns/banks the aircraft is hard-coded in and can't be switched off?

I sure hope it can be switched off GK, I was getting a touch of motion sickness.

But, but.....no one in history ever bailed out of a flyin' plane like that! :roflmao: I mean, I don't really mind how it's animated in the sim but imagine; you've just lost a big chunk of wing, you're on fire and Squawk in his 109 is coming in again for the coup de grace. You're really gonna flip the door and do a spot of wing walking??!!!!! :tosser:

Still, great to see more moving pictures of SoW.

Yeah, I'm not sure what you guys are talking about, he pulled himself up and out of a very cramped cockpit with incredible speed and spun around and dove off the wing all within about three seconds. I'm not sure what else could be done. Bailing out of a damaged fighter was a relatively slow and ungraceful undertaking, not to mention a dangerous one, it was many a pilot's last act. The video I saw perfectly mimics nearly every bailout account I've ever read about, I'm not sure what anyone else was watching.

Edit: I suppose the point is the very nice and fluid animation, the rest I think is just armchair piloting (including me)