Painless discovers unseen guncam footage.

Klinger

A mate of young Painless found the tin of old 16mm? film in his loft. Mick sent it off to a museum, and they kindly sent him a DVD of the footage.

The event is Operation Jubilee, the failed raid on Dieppe, 1942. All three Eagle Squadrons (American) were involved, and the vid has some of Don Blakeslee's footage from his Spit Vb.

This film is at full speed, so dont blink or you'll miss the action. Pretty amazing to think that no one has seen this (apart from the guy at the museum) since the war!

Heres a list of the Pilots featured, and a link to the host;

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Chaps,

Hey Kling great idea to post the names for further research M8 ! THANKS

Guys the quality is not that great and you do need to watch it on "slow" reply but, its an awesome insight into the gunnery solutions they used warts and all !

Each short clip has the pilots own words reported and an evaluation.

At least the original film is in the right hands now. :)

~S~ Painless

LOL, Kling. I guess you have spent enough time on this! Thanks for all the time and effort and thanks for sharing to both of you. If I have time I'll give it a go to the vault, first lets see how the download goes.

Edit: oh yeah, this is gonna take a while.

Downloading now, I've found some of this too, a few years back A former supervisor and and freind of mine wife, has severa rolls of color footage taken by her dad in WW2, I've been trying to convince them to get it profesionally looked at, and turned into DVD,

Any idea did the museum charge for this?

I've recently showed them the stuff MSN hosted up, that was recenlty recovered.

She is afraid it will be destroyed, I keep telling them if never recovered it is the same as destroyed.

What player are you using to view it?

I can't or don't have one that will.

you can use VSO player or Media player classic.

that is a dvd format file. i have re compress it to divx and now is about 350mb with no loss of quality but am unable to upload it to vault for some reason.

i'l try to upload it somewhere else and post the link

edit: and here is the link: jubilee movie

the link is good for 20 downloads and for 10 days. if it's going to need more i'l do it again.