X52 or X52 pro?

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

I'm considering purchasing one of these joystick things, which one should I go for? If not Saitek then who?

(I think I know what I should go for, but I'd appreciate some more infomed comment on this than my own opinion

I'm 95% happy with my 2 year old X52. It has been reliable. I have a brand new X52Pro as a back up. I suppose the Pro does feel

slightly better, and has more spring tension, but I dont reckon its worth a £40-00 difference in price.

OCUK have the X52 at £62 inc. A good deal?

Cheers.

I can't say much about the X52, other than they decided to replace the X45 with it. I have had the 45 for about 7 years now. No problems, all though I only really use the throttle. I fly with a Microsoft force feedback and only use the x45 stick as a button bay, only controls on it are bail out, bombsite stuff, drop tanks, hook, canopy, ----------

If it craps out, I'll probably just buy a CH throttle, and use my nostromo pad then for a button bay.

• 1. DDz Quorum

I have the x52 and more than happy with it. I could'nt afford the pro at the time.

I have been able to config it to suit me, although it is so versatile, I am still finding new and improved ways of mapping the functions.

I have also just bought the pro pedals and they are great.

• 1. DDz Quorum

I'm 95% happy with my 2 year old X52. .......I have a brand new X52Pro as a back up. I suppose the Pro does feel

slightly better, and has more spring tension....

From a man who has both, I reckon that's a good endorsement for either one, but the clincher may be

but I dont reckon its worth a £40-00 difference in price

Also, as Friar says, you can firtle with the config, modes etc because it is versatile and as like His Reverence, I am moving things around every so often and trying new stuff like macros. I went from an X45 with a juddering/sticky base plate so appreciate the smoothness of the 52.

I think the clincher though will be the cash difference....

Jabo, the Pro has some metal parts, and is slightly more robust. The Hall sensors are supposed to be more sensitive, but I cant vouch

for that. The X52 software is incompatable with the Pro software, would you believe. So I have not used the Pro.

Theres not a lot in it.I judge the diference to be £20 tops, not £40. (Pro is £103) If thats any help, but I am a tightass. :P

• 2. Administrators

Well.....there are the aquaducts....

Umm, but apart from the springs, the look of the thing and the aquaducts, what have the Romans ever done for us?

Jabo, the Pro has some metal parts, and is slightly more robust. The Hall sensors are supposed to be more sensitive, but I cant vouch

for that. The X52 software is incompatable with the Pro software, would you believe. So I have not used the Pro.

Theres not a lot in it.I judge the diference to be £20 tops, not £40. (Pro is £103) If thats any help, but I am a tightass. :P