Flight Sim 2014 - Sid And Jabo Go To Cosford

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

So today Sid and I went to have a look at the Flight Sim 2014 expo at RAF Cosford - The day started well with both of us arriving in the queue 1 car apart despite starting from different places and at different times - it was almost like being organised...

The show itself was a tad disappointing as there seemed to be hardly any milsim stuff going on anywhere (one rig running DCS but that was all) everything else was aircraft with no guns at all! But the place was pretty busy and this got us thinking. If we're serious about trying to get new blood in the squad, why don't we attend some of these events as a squad? This was underlined when we were talking to one of the organisers who said that as a community group, we could have a spot in the hall free gratis. So a few machines set up running DCS, CloD and IL-2 of course. Maybe even a couple of machines networked up for a little 1 vs 1 action too?

There are a few of these around the country and probably elsewhere too so perhaps we should be trying to poach some of the GA and airlne simmers as well as looking around on the interwebz. - Plus we would have the opportunity to have a bit of a laugh at the Virtual DHL group - who really do seem to take things rather seriously....

Thoughts?

• 1. DDz Quorum

I think that would be a fun idea. If we could get a stand for free then why not.....lets put a date in the diary and see who is up for it?

Our costs?

New t-shirts

A banner / leaflets

Lan equipment?

• 2. Administrators

I was thinking of a competition where we pit the punters against one of the expert ddz (or fen) and if they can shoot down the DD within, say, a minute they get a special "I shot down...." sig when they join the forum.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hmmmm...

spending some time with Theresa looking at Dogz website and links to it. Putting a search on the net for it takes people to the forums.....do we not have a front page? I thought it was reworded earlier this year. Would people interested need to see some sort of intro setting out who we are and what we fly? Doesn't appear very user friendly to people browsing or looking us up.

• 2. Administrators

Hmmmm...

spending some time with Theresa looking at Dogz website and links to it. Putting a search on the net for it takes people to the forums.....do we not have a front page? I thought it was reworded earlier this year. Would people interested need to see some sort of intro setting out who we are and what we fly? Doesn't appear very user friendly to people browsing or looking us up.

It should be there Sid, Colin and I reworked it a while back. I'll see if i can work out what's happening.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Front page..

I guess that got overlooked, please re-send me what you have and I will turn my mind to getting the hang of the software to present it.

Can't really be that hard can it!

On a totally different note, v4.0 of our web software is now in public beta, I will throw up a test site for us to see what we can break :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2. Administrators

It's here, Rog;

http://www.dangerdogz.com/articles.html/_/pages/welcome

I'm in the process of reworking it at present, but if poss, could you tell me what needs to be done to publish it on the front page? Then once it's been updated I can just upload it myself without needing to bug you.