Funding - Only At 60% -Update - Target Reached.

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

I notice from the funding bar that we have only reached 60% so far.

The Priory needs the money for the Chablis Vintage  repairs to the roof

Can I ask that anyone that is able to donate, be it small or large please do so.

Donations can be unsigned

We have moved to a cheaper server so are trying to make all our donations work that bit harder.

And as the little boy said weeing in the ocean "every little helps"

Salute and thank you

Edit: The 100% percent has now been reached. A very big thank you to all those that have contributed.

Although the target has been reached and you still would like to contribute it is not too late. It is nice to know we would have a bit in reserve in case it was needed for any reason.

Once again a big thank you.....now where is that wine list  builders list......

Every year I worry about this target . We have a declining membership , approx 30 active according to the survey, yet are supporting game servers which have very little use even among the dogz. We are fortunate that each year so far we have made the target due to the generosity of some large donations but I think we should think about what we use and what we can afford before next years fees are due and before Rog fronts up the money, because I worry that one year he is going to be left short.

• 1. DDz Quorum

I know people's feelings about openness and access for all etc etc but $30 ($2.50 a month for chrissake!) a year for access to all these servers and services is a small price to pay for the 30 active members who are very happy to use them. This comes up every year and is no nearer to being resolved. We are a nice and very accommodating  bunch of guys but even people like us have costs to meet.

I'm happy to pay an annual amount and think it should be Dogz standard. C'mon Founders, I'm proposing that we adopt it. 

i have to agree with delta on this one. for me personally 30$ is not small money. and form 30 active members big percentage (me including) is not flying on regular basis. all in all, 900$ a year for 15 active flyers is big money. 

just my 2cc

i know that having dedicated servers is more comfortable but it is also very expensive. most of the missions is in any way hosted personally and df servers are mostly empty. 

i would really hate to see a moment where Rog will have to ask for hes money cause he paid for us in advance.

• 1. DDz Quorum

There is a cheaper hosting option, if it is determined we do not need a dedicated server then we can simply rent a web server and team speak server.

If that is the direction we, as a group, decide we should be going then I can get this done.

I will refund the donations, minus the 2 months that has now been paid, and start a new target.

I'll put together prices/options.

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Points taken chaps .

I've put a post and link to this thread in Founders just to draw attention to the issue. I see no reason why it can't be discussed openly here ? Only if we reach an impasse will it need to be decided by the Founders.

P.