Oceanic Server

Mayhem

Hey all, I was hanging out on the Rise of Flight Oceanic server and ran into a chap named O_Dino77 from Australia. Very nice guy, seems he is part of the Oceanic Wing who just happens to attend Duxford Flying Legends as well. He mint pop in and leave a message so I'm sure you'll all give him a Dogz welcome. Anyways seems like they have a real nice bunch of guys over there so I'll post their Teamspeak info here and if it's alright with you all give them our TS info so they can hop in and say high from time to time. Real tired now and have to go to bed so I'll post the info tomorrow but just wanted to let you know so if you see his post you'll have the heads up.

Oh and before I forget he showed me this free space game they play sometimes called Black Prophecy. Its pretty cool actually, seems kinda like Eve online.

Oh and here is another free game my son found. Check it out, its called Ace of Spades.

http://ace-spades.com/

if it's alright with you all give them our TS info so they can hop in and say high from time to time.

Er...........can we just hang fire a bit on that Mayhem? If Rog is creating a public server then no problem on them having that but should'nt we have a discusion or something. Not trying to be an awkward weirdo here but who and how you gonna do this?

Post our t/s info on their website? Hmmmm...............................

• 1. DDz Quorum

if it's alright with you all give them our TS info so they can hop in and say high from time to time.

Er...........can we just hang fire a bit on that Mayhem? If Rog is creating a public server then no problem on them having that but should'nt we have a discusion or something. Not trying to be an awkward weirdo here but who and how you gonna do this?

Post our t/s info on their website? Hmmmm...............................

+1

Well, isn't that why I am asking? Hench the part that goes "if its alright with you all". When I said he might pop in I meant to the forum and I didn't say anything about posting our TS on their website for public consumption. I would just PM Dingo and have him pass it on via private chat to members only. Besides we've had enough weird people popping in and out lately. We've also had many Warhawks coming in and out so I don't see why there would be that much of a difference. They seem real laid back and I know the ROF fliers over here would probably love to have the company. Anyway if the main TS expires tomorrow there is no sense in giving them the info in the first place.

• 1. DDz Quorum

I have updated the TS server thread in our private area.

dangerdogz.com:9987 is the private server.

dangerdogz.com:9988 is the public server with password set to ubizoo

I had believed that the primary TS server was reserved for DD use only, which is why one with the ubizoo password was set up.

What could be debated (again) now is whether or not we need to change the password on the private server, probably long overdue as this has been the same password since time immemorial!

• 2. Administrators

+1 Rog, no problem with people outside the group using the public server - after all it's what it's there for. The private group should also do what it says on the tin. It is certainly time to change the password on the private server.

Jabo

Thanks for posting this info Roger, it makes sense. I am afraid that we might be the primary cause for problems as we have been activly recruiting new DD for RoF and having them into TS to play. Having a semi public server (9988) makes sense and I will let folks know that this is the server that we should use. We have had a large influx of new members from my old squadron who are both Il-2 pilots and RoF pilots. But I agree that playing the "who-dat?" game ;) is annoying during official coop nights, etc. Having two servers is a great idea for fixing this.

What are the costs associated with having two servers? Will the dogs be opening the donation account back up? I would be happy to contribute.

• 1. DDz Quorum

I got us a license for TS3 so we can host multiple servers.

We used to use the public server to recruit people into the Dogz, they then have the private server details.

Whether or not you would want to run recruitment nights vs squad nights for RoF is over to you, but would be nice to see some fresh blood!

Donations..

To be honest that would be nice, I have funded the server we are on and it is proving expensive.

We have a good set up, in addition to the TS3 server we have a DF server for IL2, this web site of course, and I would like to try my hand at hosting RoF for us.

I would need to sign up to get the files ;)

I was in the Black Prophecy beta. It was a pretty interesting game. There was a lot I liked about it, but it was a little unfinished the last I played it.

I can see it competing with EVE pretty soon. Especially since it's controlled and flown, rather than piont-and-click, which was always my biggest gripe about EVE.

.I would like to try my hand at hosting RoF for us.

I would need to sign up to get the files ;)

Wow, Roger are you talking about an RoF dedicated server here ? If it is possible of course that would be great. We are always debating on who is to host depending on the members computer hardware strenght. That would definately attrack some people in joining our RoF community.

Thanks.

I had believed that the primary TS server was reserved for DD use only, which is why one with the ubizoo password was set up.

Sorry, didn't know that was the intention of what you are referring to, which is I assume, or at least was, the secondary server.

Bye the bye when I join the Dogz Private server I am getting hit was a 'insufficient client permissions (failed on i_client_max_channel_subscriptions)' message which is also audible when using the default text to speech sound pack in TS. The old primary never used to do this to me but the secondary and subsequently private server was and is. It didn't bother me much before as I wasn't on the secondary save and emergency but now I fear it will become a bit annoying. I've tried re-entering the bookmark info making sure the port number is correct but it hasn't fixed it. As a consequence I cannot join any channels other then the main. I know its probably low on your priority list but could you or someone look into it please.

Thanks

I'm certainly not for handing out our TS info willy nilly, but "friends" of the Dogz have always been welcome to join us in the past, I'm not sure why that should change now. So long as it's kept reasonable and there are actually Dogz present, I don't see any reason why we shouldn't have select guests join us on regular nights. As for more "public" use, I guess the secondary server makes more sense. I guess I'm thinking out loud here. Perhaps with the size of our group now things indeed need to change. Hmmmmmm. Ok, I'm going to stop thinking now and kill shit.