~S~ Chaps!

Just upgraded my PC from XP to Win7 last night, now I'm busy getting all my old games re-installed. Especially now I can see what these Directx10/11 games look like.

So... now things have settled down, how is CloD overall? A flash in the pan, or will everyone eventually leave IL-2 for it once it's matured further?

Do you guys fly together with it often too?

Ta,

GK

• 1. DDz Quorum

I've been watching this with interest all day GK.

I have had it loaded onto my hard drive since Day 1 but have run the game offline for a total of 13 hours - to be honest I didn't think it was that much but that is the Steam figure.

I haven't enjoyed it. Too many bugs and glitches and until antialiasing is sorted out I won't take it seriously. I will be flying IL2 for a loooong time yet, probably some Rise of Flight too. That looks nice and behaves itself.

Cheerzen

+1

The bugs/poor visuals are enough to keep me from putting in the time to learn its systems, and required skills to handle the full real settings available.

I lived through and help beta IL2 and ROF I'm done working for free.

I'm waiting for the new patch to come out (should be just before the NA release). While it does have it's fair share of bugs, it is starting to look like a sim. Still, until most of the annoying stuff is ironed out, I don't really expect people to play it unless they really want to play through the bugs. The Complex engine management can be learnt in an hour or two easily.

Essentially, open your radiators and don't overload the engine with either manifold pressure or RPM. And check your Oil and water temps every few minutes. And the cooling rate of the engine. And Carburettor temps/heating on/off. And check your fuel level of your different tanks, as draining the one you are currently and not changing it using may cause the spinny thing to stop. Simples.

In short, If you can bear through the few oddities, it is a very promising and quite simply fun game.

So, sort of a miss for now. I'm not going to pay €50 for what's technically a beta, but aren't most games now?

I can wait till it's sorted out... and the price comes down.

Cheers chaps!

Have you tried UP3 ?

Crash,

I just got TrackIR, my joystick & rudder and IL-2 all sorted out, now I need to figure out how out of date my IL-2 install is!?!?

I guess you should follow this? -> http://dangerdogz.com/forums/tutorials/article/17-how-to-mod-your-4101-install-part-1/

Cheers!

Crash,

I just got TrackIR, my joystick & rudder and IL-2 all sorted out, now I need to figure out how out of date my IL-2 install is!?!?

I guess you should follow this? -> http://dangerdogz.com/forums/tutorials/article/17-how-to-mod-your-4101-install-part-1/

Cheers!

Hi John, at present we are flying 4.101 stock until the final version comes out for UP 3. You can install UP3 over 4.101 and use the switcher for co-ops. UP3 is on RC2 at the moment and it should be able to update to the final when thats released :) There are a LOT of good things in UP3 like 6 dof, loads of new maps and flyables. See the MODS part of the forum for a video of the new Tunisia map. It looks stunning :goodjob:

• 1. DDz Quorum

Crash,

Cheers!

Hi John, at present we are flying 4.101 stock until the final version comes out for UP 3. You can install UP3 over 4.101 and use the switcher for co-ops. UP3 is on RC2 at the moment and it should be able to update to the final when thats released :) There are a LOT of good things in UP3 like 6 dof, loads of new maps and flyables. See the MODS part of the forum for a video of the new Tunisia map. It looks stunning :goodjob:

Fine advice, and I'd like to add: Save a backup copy of a very clean (as in no mods at all) install of version 4.10.1m, as that is currently the base from where everything happens...

Cool, so it's just v.4.101 right now, NO mods? Great info, I'll get that sorted and patched asap... and then come back and continue my 'Aerial Observation' flying again. So if you see me on your 6 o'clock,100ft away, DON'T PANIC! I'm just gonna take a photo of you... I swear!

:laughing7: