Finally Got The Excavator Fixed

Blairgowrie

Just took delivery of the excavator. Both drive motors failed and I was able to find used replacements for $2,500 each.

Float and trailer were so large, the guy was unable to get them into our driveway. In the process, he managed to gouge out a huge chunk of highway asphalt. I suspect the Dept of Highways will be around shortly.

100_0288.jpg

100_0289.jpg

100_0290.jpg

Damn, that is a big-ass piece of machinery. It's funny, I remember you expressing concern about repair bills, when you bought (or should I say stole) the thing. Oh well, I guess it's just one more installment towards the cost of having your own 200 acre sandbox. Have fun Bud.

• 1. DDz Quorum

No big deal BG, that'll brush right out. Just a scratch.

How'd you come out later when you had the excavator teetering on the edge of the cliff?

Pooka

No big deal BG, that'll brush right out. Just a scratch.

How'd you come out later when you had the excavator teetering on the edge of the cliff?

Pooka

The guy who runs excavators had it sorted in a couple of minutes. He just put the bucket down, lifted the hoe and moved it sideways. I can do it on the backhoe but couldn't execute it properly on the excavator. Something else to learn.

And you a correct. It shouldn't be that expensive to fix. I may have to put the fees up on the golf courses to cover. It could have been a lot worse.

I'm sorry, but I need to lol! My brother-in-law did the same thing when he was building his home. He is an equipment operator, and borrowed a back-hoe to backfill his basement, and took out the eave, just like that!

I guess that excavators eat eaves for snacks.....

• 2 weeks later...

This is mostly what I have been doing the past week. Building a two tiered stone wall. Once I get it finished, it will need to be graded and topsoil added. I want to be able to seed it this fall. Takes a lot of time to find all the rocks and carry them to the work site. Some will fill in the back hoe bucket but the really big ones have to be carried in the excavator.

stone-wall.jpg

stone-wall-1-1.jpg

stone-wall-2.jpg

stone-wall-3-1.jpg

And a little garden for Helen.

Garden.jpg

Some of those pictures show a good sized antenna mast. Those are usually associated with fairly sophisticated communication antennas.

I guess that when you run a Global Empire, you need sophisticated communications.

Nice pics and documentation of your work Jim. Looking real nice Sir.

"Takes a lot of time to find all the rocks and carry them to the work site" Did you say you are having problem with your back?

Swep