Ts3 - Display Who Is Talking

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

Salute all,

With the adoption of Teamspeak 3 by the dogz we lost the utility Teamspeak Display. I have contacted the developer but it seems a bit of a dead end.

I know a lot of people like to have the name of the person speaking. Apparently it helps some of you American's to tell us Brits apart!

I have been going through the Teamspeak forums and have come across this utility

http://www.voipoverlay.com/

It is not free, costs $14.95 but there is a 15 day free trial. It was very simple to download and just requires a file being added to the Teamspeak 3 "Add-ins" folder.

You can place it anywhere on the screen plus also change the colour (that's "color" for some of you) and size of the text.

If it proves popular I thought about trying to contact them to see if we could get a group license at a discount.

I ran it on Sunday with Jabo and we both thought it worked well. I did disable mine as when hosting my pings were going up and down and I wanted to see if this utility was the cause, however I think

it was due to the map as I was getting the same issues with it not running.

I did notice however, with it running, when opening up my Trackir 5 software, in the orientation view. all the longitude and latitude lines had gone together with the 3d heads, although there was still a "target" to

highlight where you were looking and it did not seem to effect the in game use of Quackir, err sorry Track IR

For all you leading edge techies out there, it worked under Windows 7 and 64 bit (you just need to copy a different dll file into the TS add-ins folder.

Friar

Also, in case it you've missed it, TS3 has native support for the Logitech G15 keyboards, and it works GREAT! No more need for a separate display program. All you have to do, besides buying a G15, is to go to SETTINGS, then PLUGINS, and tick the box next to G15.

I have recently set up a second monitor on my desk. It was an older CRT I had laying around, I did not go and buy it for this purpose.

When I start up TS I drag it over to the second monitor while i fire up IL2 on my primary.

One of the reasons i set up the dual monitors was for this reason exactly. Now I can easily see who is talking while I'm busy shooting the grease outta Rattler. having the rease sot out of me by Rattler.

• 2. Administrators

I like the G15, and I like the TS3 plugin, but if you didn't want to shell out £80+ for a keyboard, Colin's solution would be the way to go. It looks good, is easy to use and is relatively cheap.

Jabo

• 2 weeks later...

Also, in case it you've missed it, TS3 has native support for the Logitech G15 keyboards, and it works GREAT! No more need for a separate display program. All you have to do, besides buying a G15, is to go to SETTINGS, then PLUGINS, and tick the box next to G15.

I've checked the Plugin box for the G15, up I still don't see anything.

I've got a first generation G15, is there anything I need to with it to get it to work?

• 1. DDz Quorum

I've checked the Plugin box for the G15, up I still don't see anything.

I've got a first generation G15, is there anything I need to with it to get it to work?

Ditto and pretty sure it works for mine OK.

Slightly off-topic, used Mumble for the first time yesterday whilst playing BF BC2, and was very impressed with the quality (on a par with TS3) and the fact it has a built-in overlay.

Now why can't TS3, a commercial product, do what that open source one has done?

As of right now, it doesn't work for me either in Win7, but it does in XP.

It's probably the same for you that don't have it working on your keyboard.

I'm using XP, but all that shows up in the G15 display screen is the Logitech name.

I've confirmed that I've got the box checked for the G15, so I'm not sure what's going on.

You have to enable plugin in TS3 client, and in the G15 software.

I have Win7 64bit, perhaps let the G15 software do an update?

I've checked the box for G15 in TS3. How do I enable it in the G15?

As of right now, it doesn't work for me either in Win7, but it does in XP.

It's probably the same for you that don't have it working on your keyboard.

I'm using XP, but all that shows up in the G15 display screen is the Logitech name.

I've confirmed that I've got the box checked for the G15, so I'm not sure what's going on.

You have to enable plugin in TS3 client, and in the G15 software.

I have Win7 64bit, perhaps let the G15 software do an update?

+1

~S~ T_O_A_D

You’re up awfully early mate.

Well not actually. I work the midnight shift.

They called me in early, so I left early once I had all they needed caught up and my 10 hours in.

I went to bed shortly after that post, and now I'm up again. :thumbsu:

+1

Please check this newly minted Tutorial in our new Tutorial App:

http://www.dangerdog...n-g15-keyboard/

I did, and had already done all that, just booted Win7 and double checked.

Oh well I game in XP anyhow, for now.

And until my ISP gets my connection fixed I'm not gaming at all.

Excellent tutorial.

It immediately brought to the surface an issue I had never considered.

I can’t open the Logitech LCD Manager for the simple reason that I don’t have a Logitech folder in my C: \Program Files. :confused3:

My Hard Drive died in 2008, and I don’t remember if I ran the G15 Keyboard CD again after I got it fixed.

So which option would you guys recommend?

Going to the Logitech Web Site and seeing if they still have updates for an old first generation keyboard? Or should I root around and try to find the CD that came with the keyboard?

Thanks for all the effort.

+1

Please check this newly minted Tutorial in our new Tutorial App:

http://www.dangerdog...n-g15-keyboard/

a bit off topic but may i just say: what a great thing is this new Tutorial App, Rog :thumbsu:

We should transfer posts from our old FAQ section to this new App.

IPBoard was a great choice m8. worth every penny of it.

:goodjob: