Duxford 2010

Blairgowrie

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That'll be fun explaining to my parents.

Why? (be careful now)

Yes Mother, I am meeting up at Duxford with a lot of middle-aged men I met on the internet. We are all spending the weekend together.

Just kidding, Duxford is going to be excellent. Shaping up to be quite a trip.

• 2. Administrators
Yes Mother, I am meeting up at Duxford with a lot of middle-aged men I met on the internet. We are all spending the weekend together.

:roflmao:

Now you mention it...hmmm.

I'll call the Days Innn tomorrow Jim, should have some idea of prices later.

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

A bright idea the Mayor of London had a while back to charge people to drive in certain areas of the capital in an effort to reduce the congestion in the city at certain times of the day. Basically, your car gets photographed on the way into the CC zone, and this generates a charge which you pay by ringing a phone number and giving your card details.

For some obscure reason, this is not a popular idea.

• 2. Administrators
90 quid split two ways doesn't sound too bad as long there are two single beds and not one double

Nope, that's a 'double' room as opposed to a 'twin' room. Much as I like Jedi, I feel I have to draw the line somewhere lol.

• 2. Administrators

Ish, except I believe some of the UK-based contingent will be joining BG and Pook in London on the Thursday only, to 'do' the IWM in Lambeth. We'll then travel en masse to Duxford Friday morning, whereupon those that wish could go round the museums and hangers at the airfield or do whatever else takes their fancy. Friday evening @ the Red Lion, followed by show on Saturday, possibly a curry Saturday night (if Jim and I can work out where the restaurant is), more beer at the RL. Recover Sunday. Take Mr & Mrs Pook back to London and Mr & Mrs BG to Heathrow Monday, and those going to Normandy keep going South!

Jabo