A.W.O.L. Pilot Checking In...

Logos

Hey mates. Sorry I fell off the face of the earth. I was busy doing my treasure hunting thing when I happened to notice a friends home was for sale. Long story short the Gal and her husband move from Illinois to Texas. I called her and asked to metal detect her property. I also inquired what they were hoping to get for their home. OK, I called the real estate agent doing the listing and scheduled a viewing. I liked the place and ended up bidding on it and the owners said yep, you can have it. So now I am trying to get motivated and pack all my stuff up for the move. My trailer is a rats nest. My ex wife and daughter will be moving back into the trailer after I depart. It's been such a strange summer. I haven't checked into the internet carrier at the new place yet. I think it's an outfit called Wild Blue. I hope they have fast wireless. If not I might have to shop around to see who has the fastest wireless service for my area. It's a nice rural hamlet with about 20 or so homes in it. No convenience stores or gas stations, NUTHIN'! This is just what I was looking for if I ever decided to spend the rest of my natural life in debt. I met the neighbors before I bid on the house. Great folks and that's what sold me on the move. I have recovered some really cool old coins, relics, and stuff this year. I'll try and post a few pics for you folks. Take care and God bless the whole lot of ya'. BTW, in the forth picture you'll see an old Korean War era dog tag issued in 1951. I located the original owner and returned it to him personally. Great old guy and we had a few beers and shared some old war stories. One of my best finds and returns ever.

Kevin aka Logos

134_6916d0c476b100d872ba7d307129ab23

134_1ba6e7a37b2ab2bf7fa8cd160107ab11

134_658e4cd27cfa179071b2fe6eaa6199f7

134_e7f9d29fdbdcccff1d498bbd909d7656

Sorry for the delay. Not sure how big my pics are so only posting 4 per post. I ain't no good at resizing...The large round rusty iron ball is a 4.5 inch 12 pound CANNON BALL!!! I was flipping out when I dug that sucker. It has to be my favorite relic ever. The round orange thing is a clay marble. Very old, which makes it very cool. Eyeball find. Thanks for viewing. I'll be BACK!!!

Logos

134_9e589be8a842f41eac116f59e1480bac

134_a9e9912994201f54bc86acfe50617809

134_c1ab26c0c3126c9d807e1370d0d66a83

134_16e1a135c9aab90e661d0884f37518ac

Assuming he remembers how to. I think it's possible this is a Logos from an alternate universe.

Neat finds in those pix. I hope you kept a few notes about the Korea vet's experiences. That 4.5 inch shell is interesting, but I think those began to have HE in some of htem by that time. Iwouldn't put it near a camp fire, unless it's solid shot. That's pretty interesting stuff.

Amazing coins. Glad you are back.

Apparently razor blades don't exist in this parallel universe he returned from.

Thanks for all the wonderful replies. I have always said this is the best squadron in the whole IL2 community. No need to hide it Kelly. We all know you lean toward the queer side. I'll try and clear all my treasure crap off my computer station and see if I can get to my HOTAS controls. Yep, they're buried. I'll have to update my TS info and such. I'll be back just like a bad Zincoln penny. Later mates.

Logos :icon_salut:

WB M8!

So did you get the cannon ball officially identified yet?

I've trashed my pc a few times, and haven't been on the MD site since we last spoke?

I haven't "officially" but, it measures 4.5 inches and weighs 11 pounds 15.115 ounces. Probably lost a bit of weight sitting in the dirt for over a century. I am nearly positive it is the real deal 12 pounder cannon ball. How many kids do you see playing with 4.5 inch 12 pound shot puts or "marbles"? :icon_scratch::icon_pirat: