TROJAN HORSE VIRUS HELP NEEDED....

DD_asas

Did you try the utility "Hijack This" yet? Available HERE

Just removing the virus file is not enough as it will have spread all over. Running Hijack this, and submitting the logfile will let experts find all the infection. Remember that Window's System Restore is NOT your friend in cases like this, as the virus will get stored there too. Anyway, HT will get the beast for you as long as you follow the instructions.

B

Asas,

Please post the logfile that HijackThis creates after it scans your PC. Chances are, one of us may recognise what's going on and be able to bring a little clarity.

PS. The sneakiest trojan I ever saw was one which infected my brother-in-law's rig a few years ago. He got it by clicking a link in an unsolicited e-mail and the only visible result was a new icon which appeared on his desktop....

SEX, it said, in large bold capitals, black on a bright yellow background - and like most married men might do he quickly deleted the offending sign. At which point all hell broke loose on his rig, which rebooted itself several times while various items were installed. These included a fake web browser, a keylogger, an e-mail redirection tool and literally dozens of entries all over the hard drive, rewriting various registry settings. The poor guy was almost in tears after several hours of attempts to clear the thing - principally because the only extant draft of his degree dissertation was in there.

To cut a long story short, I managed to retrieve the document and his email addresses before formatting and wiping the drive. Then I installed the OS again and he started from scratch with a whole new attitude to web security.

B :dog:

• 2. Administrators

Then I installed the OS again and he started from scratch with a whole new attitude to web security.

Surprising how that happens isn't it? I see machines daily which are pretty much fubar with 1,000s of virus and spyware instances, most of which is down to a lack of very basic common sense and an adequate anti-virus package. The conversation generally goes;

"So, did you know that your anti-virus software was disabled?"

"Yep, I did that because it kept giving me warning messages all the time while I was downloading music illegally from LimeWire"

Duh.

Jabo

I thought Achilles and Odysseus destroyed the trojans, exept for Aenas of course. I know the feeling Asas, had an annoying one my roommate in highschool "accidentally" put in. Took me a week to eradicate.