Rise of Flight update today

T_O_A_D

Aaaaaah, when did this got released?:huh:

Being stuffed with my head in coding and folders so much, that this passed me without my knowing...

How is it?

Does it live up to the (your) expectations, like in graphics, and the other eyecandy we saw posted months ago?

Gonna have to call my dealer, since he didn't live up to his agreement of calling me when this came out!

I'm a beta tester for RoF. Il2 has somethings better. the online play is still problematic but getting better. IL2 is not as taxing on your machine . the look and feel of rise of fight is "more real" to me you can do real stall fighting . the plane will wing stall when you pull an illerman where in IL2 you get a flat spin. you can fill a plane with bullets and nothing will happen or one shot and the engine is in flames. theses were Kites so there was not alot to shoot. hit the strut and the wing can break. overheat

RC put it about right I think.

IL2 was first released packaged 80% better for sure.

And RC stating it's taxing on your machine, needs to be stressed.

It's very taxing on your machine!!!!!!

I've got the

AMD 3700+

Ati 1950 pro

2 gigs Corasir 3400 ram.

and it spanks IL2 even with the Mods.

It crawls whines and begs me to stop, with ROF.

• 1. DDz Quorum

I will not be buying it but one thing that caught my eye, and it is probably a really silly thing to point out but i really liked the little icon and drag button for setting convergence. if that was done for il2, especially a graphic that illustrated the "lob" for central mounted guns and cannons i think it would make it a lot easier to understand.

Last I heared you need to pay cash for new planes?

That is so. They seem to have started this process already as I saw the Se5 is on sale now among others.

I feel I should be celebrating, as I've wanted a good WW1 sim for years, but instead I'm annoyed that they didn't organise a link to PayPal before they launched the on-line store.

It's all these little niggles that are holding me from picking up a copy - I'm going to wait until this phase is past.

B :dog:

From what Ive seen, the IL-2 mod for WW1 seems to coming along nicely. Some really nice ac.

It seems kinda odd that there are a few categories of sims that are badly neglected these days;

WW1 (there used to be several decent ones in the mid 90s).

Armor, both modern and WW2 (I loved Panzer commander, despite its flaws).

A more comprehensive naval sim, whether based on flying or not - I had hopes the mods could address this, but ships seem kinda problematic for it.