Thunderstorm - lucky shot

Sweper

For some reason thunderstorms use to pass over my place. Maby because the river Atran is only 1km away. Rigged my camera on a tripod and after the 20th shot or so, I framed the flash. Pure luck when a flash last for milliseconds and it was way to bright outside. Best for flash shots is when it is dark and you can open the shutter and just sit and wait for the flash to be captured.

Note the red car on the left, an 1965 Volvo PV 544 (the 444 had a split rear window).

3566510509_c634b80e3e_o.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks mates. I contacted three local newspapers and mailed them a pic. But from my earlier exprerience, they have newer published anything from me. Morons!

Edit: Sorry I lied, I have been published, a couple of times actually. Sorry HN if you read this. My bad..

well done then Pete.

apparently a nice storm planned for Edmonton tonight...

look forward to it as we never have lightning or thunder in Victoria

Well, just wait for the show then. The prairies get fantastic light shows in the late Spring through to the Fall. We even had thinder this past Winter!

And thanks for the kudos on the sig. I just use MSWord and the GIMP to shrink 'em.

Thanks again mates.

I am fascinated of thunderstorms as well. Use to watch Storm Chasers in where you follow different teams chasing tornados. With the tornados comes also really heavy thunderstorms. I think it is from Texas, Oklahoma and upwards. There is also a guy who is taking photos on thunderstorms for living. Dont remember his name, but they showed an hour on tv and he took som really stunning pics. Would like to do something like that myself.

~S~

Great pics Squawk. Thunderstorm in the mountains can sometimes be pretty scary when it rumbling and echoes between the hills. Specially when you are in the middle of it, you think the lightning hit closer then it really does.

I have been a bit to close a couple of times. Two times on the golf course the lightning struck only 100m away. I heard the sparkling noice from the lightning before it hit the ground. Another time on the sea where the lightning struck the cliffs also only a few meters away. Changed my pants after...

• 3 weeks later...