CH Pro pedals and a new gizmo in my future

Deputy

Hello Deputy, you DONT have to spend a shed load of money! all you need is the joystick. The likes of TrackIR and pedals just make a great hobby even better. I think that if you used TrackIR / Freetrack you would wonder how you managed without it :) Just have FUN

Hi Deputy, I just got around to this thread just now and I just had to throw my two cents in, as I'm not smart enough to just shut up. I have to aggree with you that the hat switch does exactly the same thing as track IR, in exactly the same way that a Chevette does exactly the same thing as a Corvette (for our english friends the proper correlation would be Austin Mini to Aston Martin). It really is not just a different way of doing the same thing, it does it on a different level. I just wanted to clarify that for you, because if some day you have the extra cash, and or the right deal comes along, I'd hate to see you miss out on a great way to improve the game (for you), because we didn't explain it clearly enough.

If you already have a camera on your computer, you can do the same thing with Free Track.

As for the rudder pedals, either CH or Saitek make them for around $150. and the Saitek HOTAS can be had for $100 or less, the CH I think for $150

All of this stuff can be added one piece at a time to ease the pain. If you don't want this stuff, it is certainly not neccessary, but I have yet to hear anyone regret upgrading thier gear.

The main thing is to have fun, any damn way you please.

Get a $5 keyboard from your local thrift shop and rename the keys worked for me. Then I had to tear it apart and made this

image001.jpg

total cost less then 50 bucks

That is MOST EXCELLENT!!

Nice one, Rittercuda!

How difficult was it getting all the keys and their associated wires/contacts apart? You wouldn't happen to have any pictures of the process, or links to a "how-to" guide by any chance?

[

That is MOST EXCELLENT!!

Nice one, Rittercuda!

How difficult was it getting all the keys and their associated wires/contacts apart? You wouldn't happen to have any pictures of the process, or links to a "how-to" guide by any chance?

no how to or pics sorry the tear apart was not bad keyboard are two plastic circuit board that make input when you touch at point of contact

OK- I have a thrift store around the corner for a couple of bucks I might just give it a go, though I don't know where I'll find the time to do all the contact mapping.

My hat is off to you, mate! looks great. I especially like the trim wheels (those two knobs with the crank handles are trim wheels, right?) and what I interpret to be the landing gear control (black lever). The whole thing has a very "appropriate" look without being as cumbersome as a full simpit.

• 1 month later...