Howdy K9 Squadron from the 1st Brigade

Bonger

Howdy K9 Squadron from the 1st Brigade !!

It's Tim a.k.a. Quick Draw "Bonger" McGraw from Calgary Alberta Canada.

The =[1st]= pilots are mostly new to Pacific Fighters but we are laid back, friendly and play to have fun also. We enjoy having loads of fun dogfighting against one another for confirmed kills and with flying bomber missions too. Are server (Located in Chicago) has been up and running since Oct. 2006. This post is not to recruit members , but to hopefully be able to finally meet other clans and play on each others servers with and against each other in matches or Tourneys or just for fun.

Since we are new to the game it would be great to be able to network with others who have the same passion for flying the Pacific Fighters sim and learn from each other at the same time.

You are Welcome to Join us at Our Server I.P. 204.248.53.132:21000

Current Map Running: Marianas Island Group

You must patch in sequential order. v.3.03, v. 3.03 to 3.04, v.4.01, v.4.02, v.4.03, v.4.04. (stand alone patches)

See the below links.

http://www.ubi.com/US/Downloads/Downloa ... ?dfId=1047

http://www.ubi.com/US/Downloads/Downloa ... ?dfId=1063

http://www.ubi.com/US/Downloads/Downloa ... ?dfId=1795

http://www.ubi.com/US/Downloads/Downloa ... ?dfId=2202

http://www.ubi.com/US/Downloads/Downloa ... ?dfId=2435

http://www.ubi.com/US/Downloads/Downloa ... ?dfId=2488

We also utilize Team Speak for in game comunications.

A little blurb about us......

The =[1st]= Brigade is a friendly multi server internet gaming clan (mostly middle aged) with approximatly 90 members from the Canada, U.S.A., Europe and a few destinations in between. We are experienced pros at Call of Duty, Call of Duty United Offensive, Call of Duty 2 and have approximatly 40 members & guests active in our Pacific Fighters server. Our servers are mixed gametypes and we encourage you to drop in and play a few rounds with us. The most important thing is to have fun. We are a group of players who have been around for a while and who have developed quite a few common traits and viewpoints. We wish to have members and guests who would like to share our "ideals". We have certain standards of game play to be followed and expect all current and future members and guests to act accordingly. We would like to see everybody HAPPY and enjoy there stay. Drop by and register at our forums @ http://1stbrigade.com/, log into our servers, and see how good it is to be =[1st]=!

I hope to see some of you in our skies and hopefully we can arrange a match or two in the future !

Regards

Tim a.k.a. Quick Draw "Bonger" McGraw

Hi and welcome to the doghouse. We are a squadron with Canadian, American and European members who fly co-op missions mainly but we have had experience flying with other groups , the Fighting Irish squadron and 352nd squadron, in dogfights and virtual air wars.

We fly il2 46 and have just moved exclusivly to 4.08 so might be a problem linking up with you guys if you only fly Pacific fighters but good to hear from you.

~S~ Tim,

Thanks for taking the time to drop by our humble kennel and introduce yourself and your squad to the k9's.

As Delta 7 has indicated, we have now moved exclusively to 4.08

Nonetheless I am sure some of our guys will visit your website and we will keep your group in mind for the future.

To be honest, I hate multiplayer FPS games. They're too far from reality. I love them offline, though. Doing MOH Pacific Assualt right now.

Flight combat sims do a much better job of mimicing the real deal.

Multiplayer FPS's are nothing like the real thing. I'd rather go paintballing.

Just my humble opinion.

Thanks for the heads up anyway, McGraw. And BTW: the Hitmen are going down!

To be honest, I hate multiplayer FPS games. They're too far from reality. I love them offline, though. Doing MOH Pacific Assualt right now.

Flight combat sims do a much better job of mimicing the real deal.

Multiplayer FPS's are nothing like the real thing. I'd rather go paintballing.

Just my humble opinion.

Thanks for the heads up anyway, McGraw. And BTW: the Hitmen are going down!

I don't know about that, some are more realistic than others, depending on what you mean.

To all readers: I'm not trying to start a flame war or any argument, nor am I pissed off at anyone. DT has very valid points, and I'm just responding. Please don't think that this is in any way a negative response...

I don't know about that, some are more realistic than others, depending on what you mean.

Yeah, you guys should consider going all the way to 408, you dunno what you are missing. We'd love to fly wiht you guys sometimes if some of you have that and wanna pay us a visit. Always looking for somebody to satisfy our sado masochistic tendancies. :drunken_smilie:

I bought red orchestra, and it looked pretty good, but i was desperately looking for something that could use tanks, and it doesnt seem to be set up to do what I want (I miss Panzer commander). I also cant remember the key commands for more than one sim. If I could, Id still be doing strike fighters.

I just wish an updated version of panzer commander, with brakes that work, would come out. I cant believe there is so little interest in tank sims these days.

anyone tried red orchestra?

thats pretty masochistically realistic, or so ive been told

ps. rattler, you were in the army? i know pooka was a marine, which is pretty cool since he sounds like such an easy going guy!

I've heard of it, especially that it is the best WW2 FPS. I haven't gotten it yet. Yes, I was in the Canadian Army Reserves for almost 14 years, in tanks. Ended up as troop 2 i/c (Troop Warrant Officer.) And, BTW, are you saying THAT I'M NOT AN EASY GOING GUY?

Hi and welcome to the doghouse. We are a squadron with Canadian, American and European members who fly co-op missions mainly but we have had experience flying with other groups , the Fighting Irish squadron and 352nd squadron, in dogfights and virtual air wars.

We fly il2 46 and have just moved exclusivly to 4.08 so might be a problem linking up with you guys if you only fly Pacific fighters but good to hear from you.

Thank you for the welcome pilots of the K9 Squadrons !!

Hi Klinger, as for me mentioning COD 1, ya it's actually been replaced by the COD expansion pack, United Offensive and COD2. A few months ago we added Capture the Flag, Base Assualt and soon to be Conquest maps to our rotation of Sniper maps.

If you feel like being a ground hugger you are all welcome to come to our forums and say Hi and see what were all about and grab our IP's and join us for a round or ten.

Since you moved on to exclusivly IL2 1946 with the 4.08 I guess I'll have to see if I can round up members from either our Death Bringers or Black Flag Squadrons to purchase the game (Is it an Expansion pack?) and install 4.08 so we can hook up with you guys in the future.

Myself and the rest of my guys being some what green to playing online with other squadrons in the Sturmovik games, can some one please list out exactly what we need to do to join you guys and I'll fight the good fight back home to stir up intrest.

The only games I own of the series is IL2 Sturmovik "Forgotten Battles" (which I never played online as of yet) and of course my stand alone Pacific Fighters.

After rooming thru your Website & Forums a few times I can't seem to find your Server IP Addy or any mention for that matter of where you guys fly. Do you have an open server like us thats 24/7? Or do you fly in a Ubi Soft Lobby or Hyper Lobby only at certian times?

I take it that to fly with you guys its by invite or members only? Which is most likely why I don't see any instructions on how to jump into your game.

Do any of you know of any squadrons that fly our current game and patches that we can hook up with in the mean time while I try to get pilots to fly with the K9's?

If not is there a internet Squadron ring I can search through myself?

Sorry for all the questions boys, but I'm learning !!

Well what do you expect when you yell, "Shut up ya maggots or I'll rip out all yer livers and feed em to my parakeet!!!!!" :o

Actually I mentioned ripping their arms off and beating them with the bloody ends...

• 1. DDz Quorum

Actually I mentioned ripping their arms off and beating them with the bloody ends...

Bloody hell, that's exactly what our Platoon NCO's used to say when I did my basic training!

I tried it on my kids, and got that 'yeah whatever' look that only kids with a deep and meaningful disdain of their parents can do.

Perhaps I should try shouting it while brandishing a running chainsaw next time :)

Hi Klinger, as for me mentioning COD 1, ya it's actually been replaced by the COD expansion pack, United Offensive and COD2. A few months ago we added Capture the Flag, Base Assualt and soon to be Conquest maps to our rotation of Sniper maps.

If you feel like being a ground hugger you are all welcome to come to our forums and say Hi and see what were all about and grab our IP's and join us for a round or ten.

Since you moved on to exclusivly IL2 1946 with the 4.08 I guess I'll have to see if I can round up members from either our Death Bringers or Black Flag Squadrons to purchase the game (Is it an Expansion pack?) and install 4.08 so we can hook up with you guys in the future.

Myself and the rest of my guys being some what green to playing online with other squadrons in the Sturmovik games, can some one please list out exactly what we need to do to join you guys and I'll fight the good fight back home to stir up intrest.

The only games I own of the series is IL2 Sturmovik "Forgotten Battles" (which I never played online as of yet) and of course my stand alone Pacific Fighters.

After rooming thru your Website & Forums a few times I can't seem to find your Server IP Addy or any mention for that matter of where you guys fly. Do you have an open server like us thats 24/7? Or do you fly in a Ubi Soft Lobby or Hyper Lobby only at certian times?

I take it that to fly with you guys its by invite or members only? Which is most likely why I don't see any instructions on how to jump into your game.

Do any of you know of any squadrons that fly our current game and patches that we can hook up with in the mean time while I try to get pilots to fly with the K9's?

To all readers: I'm not trying to start a flame war or any argument, nor am I pissed off at anyone. DT has very valid points, and I'm just responding. Please don't think that this is in any way a negative response...

AHHHHH!!! IT BURNS!!!!! IT BURNSSSSSSS!!!!

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ QuickDraw, thanks for thinking of us sir. As has been said we have dragged ourselves up to v4.08m to avoid having multiple icons /patches and multi switchers on our desktops LOL

A few of us still have v4.04 as a separate install ("Complete addition" single disk).

Maybe we could join you on 4.04 for an informal flight or two and spread the word amongst your guys on how good v4.08m is ?? ;)

Maybee see you in the virtual skies sir.

~S~ Painless

Bloody hell, that's exactly what our Platoon NCO's used to say when I did my basic training!

That's because I was a platoon NCO on basic, several times! I've worked with the Brits in Suffield AB many times, and they're a good lot. Some of them when they retire from the Army settle here, and have joined my Reserve unit: we have a sister squadron in Medicine Hat, very near to CFB Suffield where the British Army does Battlegroup live-fire exercises from Spring to Autumn.

AHHHHH!!! IT BURNS!!!!! IT BURNSSSSSSS!!!!

~S~ QuickDraw, thanks for thinking of us sir. As has been said we have dragged ourselves up to v4.08m to avoid having multiple icons /patches and multi switchers on our desktops LOL

A few of us still have v4.04 as a separate install ("Complete addition" single disk).

Maybe we could join you on 4.04 for an informal flight or two and spread the word amongst your guys on how good v4.08m is ?? ;)

Maybee see you in the virtual skies sir.

~S~ Painless

I still dont think that would work, Painless.

If I read this string correctly, They are not at 4.04M........They are flying the stand-alone Pacific fighters game, not the merged version.

As BG said you need the 46 dvd and the free patch to enable you to play on the majority of servers

Some of us fly through hyperlobby, lok out for the DD_ tag , we play on UKDED 2 and 3 , warclouds and zeke V wildcats maily.

Our co-ops are privatly hosted by invitation mate.

There are few squads who fly pacific fighters only - you could try to contact them through the squadrons forum page at ubi forums

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x?a=frm&s ... f=48310655

or look at who are flying the pacific fighters on hyperlobby