Storm Of War: Campaign Launch Date - Sept 15Th

• 1. DDz Quorum

Is one ever ready for war?

Do we need to start populating our airfield again asap?

Also, dead-is-dead...  :meditate:

That's only Stats-wise isn't it?

'War' would be pretty short otherwise, wouldn't it?

I think we should look at the numbers once map is up (Sept 15th I guess), and then, yes, ferry some stuff in...

• 1. DDz Quorum

Got a PM from Phill on the SOW forums, here's the a part of it:

"Also, you don't need to resupply your base in advance of the campaign start. 

There is a thread in the Red team forum where the allocation of starting aircraft for each squadron on the red team is specified. That's how many air-frames you will start with on day one. After that date, new aircraft will have to be flown in from the supply base manually, but there is no point in doing this before it kicks off."

As this here is an open forum, better not discuss any more specifics on the numbers, hey, wink wink nudge nudge....

• 1. DDz Quorum

Excellent guys!

Can anyone who's interested in taking part please let me know well in advance as if this proves popular it could require us going hat in hand to other squads to enquire whether they have any spare a/c they can lend us - the earlier I know, the more I can do about it.

Be good to have a strong representation of the Dogz on this one, plus it's likely to be one hell of an event!

• Like 1

Well now.

GK and I fly all the time but in a different time zone. The way this is set up we could possibly make a significant contribution to the effort.

We could defend or attack  targets when nobody else is around.

We're used to dead is dead and bring our planes home for the most part.

Can we help?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Well now.

GK and I fly all the time but in a different time zone. The way this is set up we could possibly make a significant contribution to the effort.

We could defend or attack  targets when nobody else is around.

We're used to dead is dead and bring our planes home for the most part.

Can we help?

For sure!

or... dunno, maybe?

You need to read up on how to 'play' ... what the idea's are  ...  (New explanation of the Persistent "Long War") and maybe also Storm of War - FAQ and "about" thread

And how to register there.

Which is basically:

- SignUp on their forums, using DD_<Pilot>

- Make sure your Steam name is equal to the name you used to sign up on the forums, like DD_<Pilot>  = Note:Caps áre relevant here, so DD_Pilot is not equal to DD_pilot and not equal to dd_Pilot =

- Via the Squadrons list on their website, sign up with DangerDogz squadron, and wait for Fenrir to confirm.

- Next, wait for confirmation on their website, ie. wait until you see the 'Leave' marker when you view the Suadron list on their website.(You have to be logged on their to be able to see this marker, but that kinda speaks for itself...

I'm arriving back home on friday evening, that's the 11th. If at all possible I'd like to participate, although I will be away for the weekend of 17-20th and again from 26th sep to about 7th oct. Otherwise I can put in most nights.

• Like 1

So, gents...

As the 15th falls on a Tuesday (tomorrow), who's doing what?

I appreciate it's an IL2 'club night', but it's also the first day of the 'Long War'.

Are some people foregoing the usual activities just this once to get our teeth into the campaign or perhaps having a couple of hours on IL2 followed by CLoD?

Answers on a postcard :)

• 1. DDz Quorum

Me thinks it would be wise to ferry in some aircraft on the Tuesday, before we go to battle on Thursday ...

And that way the IL2 first, then a bit of CloD might work out just fine for tomorrow...

@rox, go fire it up, see if you can connect to the Dangerdogz server  - all welcome - 9 hours mission and see if you can spawn in and stuff...

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hey Luka,

No worries, no game updates in your absence - TF.5 won't be with us till next year sometime! Just fire 'er up and get on in.

I'm going to be in Storm of War tomorrow eve to fly the flag for the Dogz and to check the lie of the land regards our a/c situation; I don't expect any others to bail on a committed Il-2:1946 eve and would not recommend it as I do not wish to put noses out of joint. If one or two would want to wingie with me then you would be most welcome, but let's not denude our other members of a well populated Il-2 co-op night.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...