Thanks For Help Last Night

• 1. DDz Quorum

Glad to hear it Col, I am sure you will find the setup & acclimatisation niggles are well worth it. I know I - and in more recent days Painless and BluBear - had our share of frustrations getting started but both seem to be enjoying things now and those insalubrious moments of the early days are a dim and inconsequential memory, at least to me. 

As always I'm happy to spare time on the forum or in server, ANY day of the week, not just flight nights, to all those who'd like some assistance advice or to pick my (admittedly small) brains on any aspect of the British fighters - just let me know via thread or PM and I'll endeavour to answer your questions directly on the forum, or we'll organise some time to chat in TS and I can dedicate my attention to your queries in game.

One caveat - I will confess a weakness of knowledge on multi-engines or the Axis fighters but if you have questions on these let me know in advance and I'll do some genning up - after all, it would be equally to my advantage to get to know these aspects of the game as well!

Look forward to seeing more of you in the CloD server Col.

Totally agree with these sentiments, CLoD setup was a nightmare at points and for a while it was the main reason I steered clear of it. However, through perseverance and the help of chaps like Fen and FT, I got through it and now have a happy setup which works really well for me.

Everything is now second nature which allows me to enjoy want a fantastic sim it has become over the last few years thanks to some talented and dedicated volunteers. The immersion you experience in CLoD is something i've not found elsewhere yet, although DCS comes close.

I hope you stick with it Col, it'll be great to fly wing with you. The more the merrier! :)

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

CLOD is growing on me Col. As with IL2 it is MUCH more enjoyable when you team up rather than swanning around solo .

The big difference is getting used to using your instruments for speed , revs, and altitude rather than a speed bar ! Compass is no good because I can't see the bugger lol.

• Like 1

• 2. Administrators

Re: Compass, after a while you'll find you don't need it because you'll get the hang of the geography, so you'll know where you are and a squint at the map will tell you where you need to go. And because the landscaping is so good you can see landmarks a good distance off.

• Like 1

What Nick said!

Admittedly for locals like Fenrir, Fruitbat and I, we would need a bit of a talking to if we didn't know one end of Kent and Sussex to the other by now!...

However, like Artie jokingly said last night, the Island is only about the size of a city block right? :) And you soon get used to the shape of coast lines etc.

Getting CloD setup is a headache for the majority of people I think - it certainly was for me - accidentally assigning axes and keys together was the main one.

Yep, it is a bit of a pain.  BoS is too but neither are as tedious as DCS.   However, one of the good things about having Cliffs run through Steam is once done, the Cloud remembers all those settings.

At the time I seem to recall Jim and I were set up by our Swedish talking book Jedipedia.