I've Gone To Hsfx 7.0.2 Have You?

Friar

• 1 month later...

HSFX 7

How long does this blankity blank install take???  I've been at it for twelve solid hours (not joking), and instead of counting down, the silly "Time Remaining" counts up!  It's up to 69073 minutes and 30 seconds.  Unless there's another way, I will most definitely not be joining you guys in the virtual skies until another halfway reasonable form arrives!!!

Notes:  Installing from scratch over clean disk install of IL2 (4.07) upgraded by increments to 4.12.2.  Since the external HD crash, I've not much space and none of my backups...

:growl:

• 1. DDz Quorum

HSFX 7

How long does this blankity blank install take???  I've been at it for twelve solid hours (not joking), and instead of counting down, the silly "Time Remaining" counts up!  It's up to 69073 minutes and 30 seconds.  Unless there's another way, I will most definitely not be joining you guys in the virtual skies until another halfway reasonable form arrives!!!

Notes:  Installing from scratch over clean disk install of IL2 (4.07) upgraded by increments to 4.12.2.  Since the external HD crash, I've not much space and none of my backups...

:growl:

What are you using to update the installation?

How? What is counting in seconds?

• 2. Administrators

Except wherever that post states 7.0.1 substitute with 7.0.2. The underlying process is sound though.

tw, if you've been downloading for 12 hours I'd say something's wrong. 7.0.2 is probably still 5-6GB so it will take quite some time to download.

Checkmods is your friend!

Well, seems it's worked, despite a few errors it said it had. Did as stated "run repeatedly until errors are fixed", and it worked for some, but appears not others.

However... It's running okay. I guess I'll just have to wait until I can hop on when someone who can host is on to see if it really is okay for MP.

Thanks all!

• 2. Administrators

That's a bit odd. It should run clean with all errors fixed. Run it again, do the check and grab a screenshot then fix and grab another screenie. Post tgem both here and we'll take a look. If you want to test your game, try the dogfight server (df.dangerdogz.com + the same password as we use for TS). That server uses our usual coop settings so if you can get in there you should be good togo.

• 2. Administrators

Don't think that's a major problem Kira. Just need some stick time now. Jump on to TS on the next coop night and we can check things out once you are online.

Jabo

Got IL-2 uppdated but hsfx won't uppdate for me. Try installing the updater and it says i have a newer version of windows c++ 2010 somthing or other and stops. This is the constant crap involved with keeping this game up to date that drove me away for so long......

• 2 weeks later...